SFMC Lead Platform Architect
- 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Lead Platform Architect is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultant with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget). As the owner of email solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, email campaigns, email reporting, and data integration
- Gather business, marketing, and technical requirements in order to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices
- Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to serve clients’ needs
- Ability to bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform.
- Ability to wear multiple technology hats across systems integration, technology consulting and technology solution design and architecture.
- Ability to participate and lead technology discussions with existing and prospective clients.
- Ability to lead technology conversations with Sr. Management (be an internal and external technology solutions evangelist) and be the technology voice of the solution
- Responsible and accountable for the underlying client technology solution architecture.
- Contribute to the larger projects in the role of senior technologist.
- Develop project scoping and estimating guidelines for designated Solution Platform.
- Develop and share best practices for designated Solution Platform.
- Proven track record of implementing large, complex web sites and/or web applications is preferred.
- Experience in enterprise architecture, systems integration and development, and package implementation with knowledge of interactive design.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively and to deliver constructive feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with client senior management.
- Experience in a consulting environment with demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in application architecture
- Previous consulting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.