Paid Social Manager
- Triton Square, London NW1, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, Merkle | DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with ten additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, employing >250 employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of dentsu. The move expanded the B2B offering at Merkle. dentsu announced the creation of Merkle B2B in September 2020, a group of world class B2B agencies under the dentsu umbrella offering end-to-end B2B experiences to global brands. As the media strategy and execution arm of Merkle B2B, Merkle | DWA is an integral part of this new company.
Merkle | DWA’s integration with dentsu’s B2B agencies offers employees the opportunity to collaborate with data, analytics, creative, and research professionals across the organization and for some of the world’s most renowned B2B brands, including Intel, Cisco, and Intuit.
We’re looking for a Paid Social Account Manager, responsible for leading social strategy and activation across our key clients. As a Social Manager, you are an expert in paid social and can bring innovative social solutions to our clients. Your responsibilities include building and growing strong client relationships, providing strategic direction to the team, maintaining the financial health of your accounts, scoping projects and developing staff. Together with the Senior Social Manager & Performance Director, you will move the Paid Social specialism forward and in line with our agency vision, both internally across the wider network and externally with clients & industry peers.
Life as a Paid Social Manager at DWA, a Merkle company
- Lead quarterly/annual business reviews
- Manage, train, and develop the team of account executives
- Monitor account profitability and ensure accurate billing and forecasting to ensure the financial health of the accounts.
- Actively generate case studies to showcase DWA’s work
- Interview applicants for available positions and recommend selection, promotion, discipline, and related personnel actions
- Own the relationship with our client stakeholders aiming for high client satisfaction and retention. Truly understand our client’s brand and the B2B industry
- Own the collaborative relationship with our platform partners
- Be accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking
- Ensuring effective communication internally & externally
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
- Solid experience managing paid social campaigns across multiple platforms, with a focus on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
- Experience on social media management platforms such as Sprinklr or Scope (Mediaocean) is a plus
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment
- Ability to nurture and retain client relationships & understand how Paid Social can feed into wider business goals
- Strong managerial experience
- Experience working with financial data and budgets
- B2B experience is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.