Lead Analyst, Predictive Analytics
- 32 6th Avenue, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Predictive Analytics Lead Analyst will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business planning processes to develop forecasts for Direct Mail, Email, and Alternative media programs. Collaborates with the client’s business analytics team to provide forecasting guidance to call centers and marketing program owners. Serves as the go-to resource for client communications regarding expected performance for the marketing programs.
Key Responsibilities :
Perform analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Forecasting using statistical methodology as well as client business rules
- Data Analysis and Mining
- External Data Enhancement
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to future and existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Evaluation and improvement of internal tools and processes
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Could blend into MI or Data Scientist responsibilities
Key Skills and Experience :
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with SQL required
- Experience with R required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to explain/present forecast results to clients
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliverables
- Ability to identify areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Experiences with applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problem
- Possess core database marketing knowledge such as understanding of Merkle and client data, relational database concepts, and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems.
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database marketing
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Develop project plan; manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.