Manager, Data Science
- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
The primary focus of dentsu’s Data Science team is to devise robust yet simple, actionable solutions to drive our clients’ business goals. Our clients see us as trusted advisors and depend on our subject matter expertise to enhance decision making via our deep (and constantly evolving) marketing analytics capabilities. For this role, we are looking for someone who is deeply experienced in the application of advanced statistic and econometric methodologies in both theory and practice for both traditional and digital media. Candidates should be intellectually curious and pragmatic self-starters who possess demonstrable experience leading projects through to completion.
- Manage client data science and advanced analytics engagements with a focus on delivery:
- Manage client communications and final deliverables
- Work in close collaboration with Analytics, Client Service and channel delivery teams to set agendas and develop media optimization opportunities
- Build internal and external timelines and project plans using Agile Project Management
- Lead the gathering of user stories, brainstorming sessions, development, and eventual deployment of generalized and custom analytical tools outside of client specific work
- Actively lead specific team-wide learning and development initiatives, including:
- Research into and the advancement of statistical or econometric methodologies
- R&D for new app or tool development ideas, including the development of MVP and proof-of-concept media science applications
- Development of both bespoke and productized media science solutions
- Interface directly with clients and internal leadership to deliver results of a specific analysis and guide interpretation of analytics outputs and how to implement results
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a relevant quantitative field
- 3-5 years of hands-on working experience in Data Science capacity with a minimum of two years working in digital media (agency or client-side)
- Strong foundation in either Python or R, with working knowledge of the following libraries/modules:
- Python: pandas, NumPy, StatsModels, SciKit-learn, Matplotlib
- R: tidyverse (dplyr, tidyr, purrr, ggplot2), lme4, shiny
- Functional working proficiency with Git (GitHub & BitBucket)
- Familiarity with relational databases and the cloud (e.g., AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Exposure to and understanding of several key econometric and statistical frameworks:
- Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, ARIMA, Kalman Filter, BSTS, Decision Trees, RandomForest, Factor Analysis, KNN, K-Means, etc.
- Possess the ability to mentor a team, take ownership, and operate independently to solve to client requests using a combination of critical thinking and initiative
- The demonstrated ability to translate complex processes into client-friendly terms
- Experience with marketing response models and their applications a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to take complex subject matter and concisely communicate it to a wide range of audiences – from senior executives to deep subject matter experts
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.