Senior Email Developer - Nonprofit
- 125 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60602, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our Nonprofit Digital Technology team. This person builds, sets up and deploys emails and other campaign elements that support strategic marketing programs for our nonprofit clients. They provide support to ensure our clients’ emails are going to the inbox and provide the client with reporting that gives them the information they need regarding their email campaigns. The role reports to the Nonprofit Portfolio Lead.
The day to day activities may range from coding emails to troubleshooting donation form issues.
This is a client-facing role for someone with a technical mind and strong communication skills – even when communicating with non-technical people.
- Independent individual contributor
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
- Continuously seeking to improve and receptive to change
- Removes obstacles and demonstrates flexibility by adapting to evolving needs
- Applies experience balanced with out of the box thinking to drive efficiency and quality
- Being aware and having a proactive, mindful “eye” to problem identification and mitigation (associated with execution of Digital Messaging activities); Capable and confident problem solving skills; Recognizing when and to whom to escalate and issues; Utilizing knowledge and experience to avoid repeat/similar problems in the future
- Aggressive monitoring of industry news, staying on top of trends, tools, and thought provoking ideas; Ability to apply insights into daily activities of Digital Messaging; Proactive discussion amongst peers to share cross-learnings/insights/ideas; Contribution to company content (white papers, case studies, nonprofit developer forum sessions, and website content)
- Error free; On-time; Adherence to standard processes and best practice, yet flexible and adaptive; Responsive to team and client needs; Production of work in a timely fashion; Completion of work with attention to details; Utilization of auditing processes and techniques
- Support business development activities by responding to RFPs and contributing to SOWs; identifying and quantifying opportunities within existing clients; and delivering presentations
- Understanding of Merkle capabilities. Ability to deliver the Merkle Digital Messaging Capability message to prospects and customers
- Ensure all work being produced meets the highest standards of the Digital Messaging industry
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement and standardization across DMT capability
- Support/attend client meetings when needed
- Knowledgeable and able to find and report on industry trends, updates and technology that can affect Merkle client’s deliverability
- Develop the skills to troubleshoot, problem solve, find root causes for issues, issue remediation, mitigating future risk, strategic advice
- Support post deployment data analysis, pulling data out, organizing data, simplifying data and being able to present data for internal teams and Merkle clients
- Be able to speak internally and externally on List Hygiene, email Deliverability Best Practices, IP warming strategy, and optimal email deployment details
- Ability to effectively interact with Creative, Development, Operations, and Campaign Management teams to define, set up, implement, and manage deliverability monitoring. Ability to function in a high pressure/fast paced environment with diverse clientele
Key Skills and Experience:
- Luminate Online
- Charity Engine
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- SQL Experience a plus
- Able to perform analysis of incoming data and understand how the data relates to requirements
- Understanding and ability to implement data loading and validation concepts
- 3-5 years experience in a fast-paced environment, and/or development role
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable technical abilities required
- Ability to deliver a high quality of work, with minimal supervision, to Fortune 500 clients. You “do things right the first time” and are used to being trusted upon to build the best possible solution in a reasonable timeframe
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple, complex projects and issues
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.