Marketing Technology Solution Consultant
- 1 Saint Katharine's Way, London, England, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
This role may be suitable for candidates in a consultative role specifically working with Adobe or Salesforce
We’re looking for marketing technology experts to join our team as we expand to meet the growing needs of our clients and partners to provide value-focused consultancy projects and pre-sales support. This is a business consulting and leadership role requiring a high-level of technical platform knowledge and marketing activation expertise. Our key technology partners today are Adobe, Google, Pega and Salesforce.
Our Marketing Technology Solution Consultants deliver work in three main areas:
Pre-sales Support - Working closely with our growth and client service teams to help accelerate the sales process and onboard happy clients; specifically delivering:
- Defining marketing technology strategy, roadmaps and budgets
- Leading ‘Phase Zero’ projects covering detailed discovery and solution definition for specific work-packages or wider programmes covering a range of Merkle / Dentsu services up to agreement on SoW for implementation/migration/managed service etc.
Consultancy Support – Working with our clients in an advisory capacity to help them accelerate value from marketing technology; specifically delivering:
- Platform audits, use case definition, test plan definition, value case definition and road-mapping projects
- Retained strategic advisory role on key accounts
Capability Enablement – Working with our internal teams to help accelerate their adoption of new technology, features and techniques; specifically delivering leadership in the following areas:
- Thought leadership around our key technology partnership and regularly knowledge sharing
- Skills development, partner certification and service innovation based on evolving technology capabilities
Life as a Marketing Technology Solution Consultant at Merkle
This is a complex and challenging role with many aspects that you will need to balance on a day to day basis including:
- Leading multiple complex projects for different clients at the same time
- Supporting or leading our teams delivering large programmes of work beyond marketing technologies e.g. into areas such as data platforms, analytics, experience platforms, creative/production services etc.
- Support new business qualification so that we are focusing on the right types of opportunities
- Providing pre-sales support for growth and client services teams including proposal writing, pitch delivery and statements of work
- Working with your peers in other Merkle EMEA Markets (Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland) and other regions (APAC and AMER) to define best-practice methodologies for the best use of marketing technology
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for someone from a consultancy / agency background with significant experience of leading CRM and data-driven customer marketing programmes, costing solutions, writing proposals and statements or works.
The suitable candidate will have:
- Circa 10 years’ experience in all things related to marketing technologies with a track record of creating and sharing thought leadership content
- An excellent communicator and business leader
- A strong commercial / pre-sales lead
- Capable of mapping out and defining complex data requirements
- A seasoned marketing technology implementation project / managed service lead
We’re looking the following skills:
- Hands-on experience with Adobe (Either Adobe Campaign, Analytics, AEP, or Audience Manager) or Salesforce (Either Pardot or Interaction Studio or Marketing Cloud)
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint
- Some experience of digital marketing, CRO, digital analytics, decisioning, campaign planning, creative and UX disciplines
You will need to have experience creating the following documents:
- Maturity assessments and audit reports
- Marketing technology strategy roadmaps and business cases
- Solution architecture definition and business/technical requirements
- Solution costings, proposals and statements of work
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.