SEO Senior Specialist
- 701 E Water St, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The SEO Senior Specialist will help build several internet marketing activities, including organic search campaign development, search engine optimization, on-page optimization, and performance analysis. You will have hands-on technical SEO knowledge, and client communication skills. You must have superior analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills as you will work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines.
Open to remote locations - working Eastern Standard Time will be required.
- Implement SEO strategies to improve a website's organic rankings to grow site traffic
- On-site optimization of on-page elements, appropriate use of redirects, identify areas of opportunity to improve internal linking structures, website copy optimizations, review and validate the use sitemaps
- Conduct keyword research to identify keyword and content gaps for brands and provide detailed recommendations to increase visibility within search engines to drive relevant traffic to a client's website
- Analyze and compile relevant data across several reporting platforms to measure the effectiveness of SEO efforts and provide performance insights on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis
- Work with a team to develop and execute site migration strategies for complex websites
- Remain current on the latest SEO tools and techniques and communicate learnings across our teams and client stakeholders to create awareness and buy-in
- Create and deliver competitive insights and strategies to facilitate growth for our clients
- Work with different teams, such as website developers, web analytics, content, UI design, and branding/PR teams on the execution of projects
- Provide SEO recommendations on the structure of sites and pages to improve visibility and signaling to search engines
- Report to the SEO Manager
- 1+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience
- Experience working on enterprise-level clients preferred.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Tactical/Technical implementation experience working with complicated websites
- In-depth knowledge of multiple website analytics platforms and the use Google Search Console to identify and troubleshoot issues on an ongoing basis
- Experience with technical SEO tools such as Botify, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and Lighthouse and keyword reporting platforms such as SEMRush, Brightedge and Conductor to identify issues and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or other related field
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.