Sr. Account Manager - Digital
- 3000 Town Center, Southfield, MI 48075, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, now known as dentsu International.
Merkle P&LS Senior Account Managers work proactively and collaboratively with our Business Development, Strategy, and Project Management teams in order to provide our clients with long-term strategic value and dedicated account service. As day-to-day partners with a Merkle sales professional (VP, Business Development or Account Director), Senior Account Managers ensure high-quality and flawless client preparation, research, and digital solutions that drive results for clients and revenue for Merkle. With a profound understanding of our client’s marketing aspirations and Merkle’s digital solutions, they're brand advocates and experts in identifying exciting new opportunities for growth.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Help to manage a portfolio of clients ensuring that we have account plans, roadmaps, and a healthy pipeline
- Ability to learn / adapt to new technologies quickly, generate ideas, and effectively translate / communicate client requirements
- Actively participate in client presentations
- Builds brand expertise, creates and maintains best practices for named clients
- Pre- and post-sale research and presentation generation
- Engagement reporting and analysis with supporting team members, i.e. Business Development, Strategic Services, Project Management
- Attends and / or leads internal meetings and client meetings for BD/AD, if necessary
- Supports Merkle sales professional in revenue generating activities: prospecting, client research, promotion ideation, scoping, documentation such as contracts, invoicing, etc.
- Management of internal administrative systems
- Understanding and participation in the Merkle workstream structure
- Assistance in billing, invoicing, and client P&L management
- Work with disciplines to provide clients with relevant insights on industry trends, best practice, benchmarks
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience:
- Account Coordinator, Marketing, Media Planning, Production, Client or Sales Role
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and risk management skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- A collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively.
- General familiarity of the current customer centric landscape and technologies in order to best exploit the capabilities of Merkle products and services
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Basic strategic and analytical skills
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt