Senior Digital Media Manager
- 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle an agency of dentsu.
If applying to work remotely, ability to work Eastern or Central Standard Time is required.
As a Senior Digital Media Manager, you will be a programmatic expert working with the do's and don'ts around bidding, media controls, and targeting laws. You will have both an understanding of programmatic and the ability to challenge those rules by working with your client and partners to adapt to industry change and advocate for your client's best interest and goals. You will be able to speak to both the technical side of programmatic and be able to answer specific questions about existing or theoretical campaign performance. You will proactively identify areas for performance and process improvement and work with new partners and buying territories.
- Oversee the platform strategy, execution, performance and reporting of the media campaign across all buying platforms
- Be your client's primary contact for display, responsible for building client-facing materials, presenting, and following through
- Be the programmatic and social expert for your client on campaign performance and optimization providing insights into the best strategies and tactics to achieve their goals
- Understand the technical components around bidding, media controls, targeting laws, etc. and think outside the box working with our partners (ie: Google/ Facebook), to advocate on the clients best interests and goals
- Learn and embrace new partners and buying territories
- Stay current on CCPA, Data Privacy, and other tracking and targeting industry changes. Think proactively on the best course of action for your client
- Build training materials and best practice documentation
- Oversee the work of multiple specialists, train technical knowledge, and manage workflow.
- Coordinate assets and tags with vendors and ensure campaigns are meeting KPIs
- Manage MBAs and invoices, while overseeing client budgets and pacing across digital media portfolio
- Consult and work with other cross-channel leaders in Search, Technology, Identity Management, Tracking, Analytics, and Measurement for seamless execution and the development of forward-thinking strategies and innovations
- You will report to the Director, Client Services – acting as an Integrated Media Lead
- 5+ years experience working in the digital media buying & planning space with focus a on programmatic strategy, execution, and People Based Marketing
- Must have in-platform execution experience pulling the levers in DSP platforms (i.e. DV360, Google Ads, Xandr, The Trade Desk, Amazon DSP, Facebook Ads)
- Experience working with Identify management solutions, such as AMNET
- BONUS: Experience working in Pega Paid Media Manager
- Flexibility with working in the 'gray' and building new processes or paths previously unchartered
- Must be passionate about media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party ad tags
- Experience against multiple media buying strategies: self-service, managed buyer, partner negotiations
- Must love and be curious about data analytics and how that affects the bottom line
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is required (Atlas, DCM, MediaMind)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite specifically, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- BONUS: Experience with Paid Social platforms like Facebook Power Editor & Twitter
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Willingness to travel 5%
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.