Senior Digital Media Specialist
- 32 6th Ave, New York, NY 10013, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Senior Digital Media Specialist focuses on media optimization and planning across paid media. This will be a role focused primarily on programmatic display, but also exposed to direct publisher (traditional planning) based buying. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing business unit focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
- Using your analytical mindset, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, performance, and reporting of programmatic and display campaigns for one of our clients across multiple platforms
- Daily optimization and management of campaigns within individual DSPs and Platforms
- RFP’ing media vendors and evaluating publisher capabilities and new opportunities
- Working with Merkle optimization Subject Matter Expert, you will maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Building Trafficking sheets to share with the trafficking team to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Campaign Manager and implementing ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors
- Pixel and tag generation, implementation and quality assurance
- Budget management including: assistance in allocation of monthly budgets, issuance/revisions of monthly insertion orders, oversight of client’s billing and financial reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis and resolution of media invoice and ad service fee discrepancies
- Analyzing campaign performance and providing optimization recommendations
- 1-2 years of hands-on media buying experience in DSPs (DV360, Google Ads, TTD, Amazon DSP, Facebook/Instagram, etc.)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be passionate about media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, HTML, XML, and third-party ad tags
- MUST love and be curious about data analytics and how that affects the bottom line
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is a plus (Campaign Manager, Media Ocean, Prisma, etc.)
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Enthusiasm for the future of people-based and brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.