Manager, New Business
- 150 E 42nd St, New York, NY
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
The Manager, New Business serves as one of the centralized contact for the New Business department. The Manager will ensure that presentations, client requests, and client-facing collateral are polished and ready-to-go.
You will report to the VP, Director of New Business, understanding their needs and anticipating next steps on pitches and other similar meetings. The Manager, New Business may be responsible for managing the Assistant of the New Business department at times – developing their skills, evaluating their performance, and helping manage their growth.
The Manager, New Business will touch all aspects of New Business, senior management. and international business; therefore, they should be able to project manage will little supervision, be understanding of the business implications at all times, have a keen sense of urgency, and strong follow-up skills.
In addition to the core New Business assignments, the Manager, New Business is expected to take part in larger areas of agency development – taking part in training, agency presentations, committees, and task forces. This role is a step toward greater leadership within the New Business group and the agency overall.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain pitch schedules and checklists
- Manage pitch workflows, ensuring tasks are completed on time
- Coordinate the development and production of client presentations. This may include: editing presentations, liaising with designers, managing changes from the media team and designers, ensuring production schedules are adhered to and the pitch calendar is on track
- Request, gather, research and analyze prospect intelligence data
- Pulls necessary information for RFPs/RFIs while understanding the material and actioning updates as necessary
- Oversees any necessary logistical needs related to the pitches, working with the VP, Director as needed, and is committed to following and ideating around best practices of professional events
- Supports the VP, Director and Chief Growth Officer on specific pitches and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising or media field
- 2 – 4+ years project management experience
- Familiarity with marketing/communication jargon and an “eye” for good layout and design
- Experience working on PCs and Apple computers
- Must have extensive knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Keynote is a plus
- Interest in professional event management recommended
- Excellent written communications skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and be flexible with work schedule
- Displays sound business judgment internally
- Strong ability to manage crisis or red-flag situations
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong tendency to take initiative
- Serves as a Carat ambassador and demonstrates grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.