Associate, Digital Strategy and Social Media
- 32 6th Ave, New York, NY 10013, USA
MKTG is a global lifestyle marketing agency that humanizes brands and connects them to people through their shared passions and lifestyles via sport and entertainment marketing, live experiences, digital and social media, retail marketing, enterprise/b2b engagement and sponsorship marketing. MKTG’s mission is to engineer value by creating deeper human connections, and top clients include IBM, Diageo, Nike, FedEx, P&G and Jack in the Box.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. MKTG is an agency of dentsu.
You have relevant experience working on strategic integrated brand marketing and sponsorship activation campaigns with Fortune 100 companies – and have specific relevant experience in the social and digital disciplines. You will help implement and improve brand communication strategies grounded in these disciplines, with an emphasis on strategic and account management efforts. It requires a fundamental understanding of all consumer engagement phases, including: building brand advocacy, driving conversion and strengthening consumer loyalty through community networks.
You will work with our clients and capability leads (account, strategy and planning, video production, and creative) to support programs across multiple accounts including providing a recommended digital strategy, and then, overseeing program execution to ensure the programs meet the goals of the strategy.
You will approach unexpected challenges quickly and creatively without missing a beat. You understand our client's digital/social goals and take part in ensuring those goals are achieved collaboratively. You will partner with clients and team members to develop excellent deliverables following company standards of creating new digital/social solutions. You will report to the Manager or Senior Manager for the account and will lead a junior team. This role can sit in Westport, CT or New York, NY.
- Participate in client and internal work sessions and brainstorms to identify unmet needs, opportunities and challenges
- Help develop a strategic approach and content strategy based on insights for existing clients and new business opportunities
- Help present and implement digital strategies to address client briefs
- Conduct audits of a client's digital eco-system, including digital platforms, digital assets and social media channels
- Work with our Analytics/Measurement team using social monitoring tools to develop applicable insights
- Support digital process per approved plan including briefing creative and production teams in content creation process, coordination of editorial calendars and publishing/posting timelines, and program assistance
- Provide organizational support and structure, ensuring timelines and corresponding deliverables/approvals are met at all stages of programs
- Develop relationships with clients, working with them and leading weekly status calls/meetings
- Track and oversee billing and accounting aspects of assigned programs with Finance department; understand project budgets and manage costs within scope diligently following internal guidelines
- Help put together planning documents, program overviews, and recap presentations
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience within agency environments, working with a diverse team
- Experience with multiple social platforms and the nuances of each; including background in multi-channel community management
- Knowledge of social metrics and campaign optimization, data analytics and data tracking tools (e.g. MS Excel, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, reporting management dashboards).
- Experience creating and implementing social and digital campaigns, with an emphasis on social copywriting and building content calendars
- Partner with colleagues, senior executives, talent and clients, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience
- Present ideas and concepts in a team environment and demonstrate openness to giving/accepting thoughtful constructive feedback
- Recognize and appreciate different work styles and have capacity to adjust to work respectfully with staff, clients, peers and vendors
- Aim to increase industry knowledge and able to self-educate to be ahead of the curve
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.