- E 42nd St, New York, NY, USA
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Vizeum is an agency of dentsu.
OVERALL SUMMARY - POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Assistant, Digital assists in the planning, implementing and maintaining of media campaigns across multiple channels. As an entry level position, the Assistant, Digital position represents the start of a media career and is highly supervised by their manager.
This position is essential in the day-to-day tactical management of the media account and requires an individual that works well in a team-based, fast paced, detail-oriented environment. While advanced Media thinking is not expected, the successful Assistant, Digital is resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate in advanced projects.
The Assistant, Digital position is training-intensive. Aptitude for learning new skills (both technical and organic) and procedures is essential. The Assistant, Digital is expected to be an active participant, increasing participation over time in the position. The Assistant, Digital is also encouraged to contribute ideas and insights that will benefit our clients.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Media Planning and Execution:
· Develop a knowledge of online planning/research tool
· Utilize syndicated planning tools to run reports, create RFP partner lists
· Review competitive digital spending, and confirm baseline assessments of data
· Help to create and send RFPs to appropriate sites crafted to fulfill the role of digital within Comms plan and consistent with targeting and tactical parameters
· Collect and help analyze RFP responses from sites (follow up with sites who haven’t responded)
· Generate insertion orders within PRISMA tool to reserve advertising space, email to sites and confirm receipt
· Create and maintain records of plans, insertion orders, schedules, contracts, etc.
· Work with billing/finance team to reconcile billing discrepancies and process all invoices for payment
· Ownership of accurate monthly forecasting spreadsheets and billing sheets
· Work with Ad Ops to help set up 3rd party ad server/tracking: follows through to ensure sites are enabled and all materials are received from creative agency
· Assist Planners in tracking/evaluating campaign effectiveness creating client reporting and post analysis reports based on scoped cadence
· Maintain 3rd party ad server/tracker revisions throughout campaign
· Handle daily campaign maintenance including questions regarding 3rd party ad servers, tracking and trafficking
· Ensure all campaigns are tracking to full delivery
· Confirm digital campaigns are on budget
· Assist in the evaluation of media opportunities
· Field incoming proposals/phone calls from site/sales representatives
· Demonstrate multi-tasking ability, keep multiple projects on-track, structuring and executing work
· Other responsibilities as needed; assembly of presentation materials, client binders, meeting setup and other administrative tasks
Client & Internal Relationships:
· Support Planners in preparing and delivering work to clients and colleagues
· Work with Billing department to confirm receipt of invoices and that invoices are correctly reconciled
· Manages internal/client status reports
· Attends all status meetings when appropriate
· May be responsible for informing clients/planning staff of new opportunities or issues
· Assist in managing relationships with external client vendors
· Participates and contributes in face to face client meetings as required
· Engages with all work-related contacts in a professional & respectful manner
· Possesses mature and professional business acumen in personal and written communications
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
· Keeps current with market research (industry periodicals, email newsletters, websites)
· Demonstrates active listening skills and ability to apply learnings over time
· Recognize potential issues and problems, know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible
· Takes clear ownership of assigned tasks
· Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral communications
· Writes in a clear, compelling and concise manner
· Organizes ideas and information logically and sequentially
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 0- 2 years industry experience
· Strong math and analytical skills
· Strong interest in and familiarity with digital media (internet, mobile, gaming)
· Desire to learn about interactive media
· Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to learn server-based software and tools
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.