Media Director, Programmatic & Paid Social
- 32 Avenue of Americas, New York, NY
The Media Director, Audience Activation, is an individual with media expertise across addressable media channels (video, display, social, native, etc.), demonstrating passion and thought leadership for the channels. Direct reports will likely be in the range of 2-6, scaling from Media Supervisors to Junior Associates. We’re looking for someone with the ambition & desire to learn, grow and partner with the best in class. This role requires prior programmatic media experience to plan and execute campaigns for a host of our Fortune 500 clients. Care to join us?
- Serve as senior-most client and team lead for assigned accounts for all audience-centric and addressable channels
- Prior in-platform programmatic and social experience within DSPs, DMPs, and self-serve social ad platforms; and in-depth knowledge of brand safety, ad serving, data partnerships, 3rd party vendors, etc.
- Ability to lead the team to design cutting-edge, strategic and thoughtful data-driven audience-centric approaches and plans across a myriad of channels and tactics (video, display, social, mobile, audio, DOOH)
- Knowledgeable of cross-channel measurement methodologies and comfortable providing client guidance on KPIs, benchmarking, and testing opportunities
- Able to guide the development of holistic planning solutions for Branding, Direct Response and Full-Funnel activations across programmatic and social channels
- With support of Media Supervisor, ensuring all activation best practices are being adhered to and implemented
- Hands-on leader that will coach team members to continually raise the bar, execute flawlessly, deliver more holistic solutions, and provide overall client excellence.
- Comfort owning and communicating directly with clients on questions/concerns and specific media initiatives
- Media face and voice of the agency internally and externally, and comfort with this role
- Is aware of and looks for opportunities to improve and grow the client business
- Helps evaluate organizational structure and team resourcing
- Support the agency and Audience media team with other projects, i.e. departmental development plan and New Business Pitches, etc.
- Responsible for the overall operational and developmental growth of the team
- Drive agency thought leadership and be forward thinking on new opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8-12 years of total experience
- 5+ years managing more junior team members with an emphasis in programmatic and paid social
- History of escalating roles in a leadership capacity
- Previous programmatic and social planning and buying experience required
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Web Analytics, Ad Servers, Media Research tools, etc.
- Experience owning P&L responsibilities around budgets, forecasting and staffing
- Ability & desire to teach/train others on media strategy and activation planning and process
- Understand client’s biz and objectives, and is able to apply, and help others apply them to media planning and recommendations
- Demonstrate ability to lead clients & be seen as an indispensable partner
- Anticipate and address client challenges with thoughtful solutions
- Lead with an open mind and a focus on relationship building internally and externally
- Actively seek to apply best practices and demonstrate ability to navigate chaos
- Able to identify areas for improvement and tackle them head on, with little supervision, and follow them through to fruition
- Is aware of bandwidth of team, team members strengths and weaknesses and where and when to step in
- Management of people, time and ideas across accounts
- Proven ability to synthesize data & results, identify trends & key findings, and fuel media strategies.
- Problem-solving nature and deep curiosity to uncover the best solutions to help the client reach or exceed key performance indicators (KPI)
- A team player with a positive attitude who is able to handle stressful situations and deadlines calmly
- Focused on honing operational leadership and strategic skills for advancement.
- Effective meeting facilitation and presenting to groups.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.