Technical Support Specialist L2
- 1545 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsu mcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
As a Remote Support Engineer based in our AMER Regional Hub, you will be responsible for providing technical support to our global user base.
Supporting the latest technologies within a customer centric environment that provides exceptional customer satisfaction, and working with market leading ITSM Service Management tools, you will provide high-levels of technical knowledge, analytical troubleshooting and problem solving to maximise user productivity.
You will demonstrate a clear knowledge of the ITIL service management framework and understanding how to build and deliver great service to our users.
You will work closely with our Service Desk, Deskside Support, End User Computing, Security and Applications teams to ensure technical issues & requests are managed, progressed and ultimately resolved in a timely manner, ensuring quality is of the highest standard and exceeding service level targets where possible.
You will demonstrate a high capacity for learning & development and will seek to adopt new knowledge and resolution capabilities through a strong ‘shift-left’ approach.
Excellent communication skills are mandatory, and the ability to be self-disciplined & motivated is necessary, as well as having excellent collaborating skills and a strong sense of team ethic.
Duties will include:
- Work with the Team Lead to agree team responsibilities and activities, by engaging with business users and other technical support functions.
- Act as the cover for the Team Lead in their absence.
- Manage workloads, adhere to the team rota, ensure all incident and request tickets are handled in an appropriate, professional manner meeting agreed SLA targets.
- Work as part of a team of technical support engineers, providing guidance and expertise as well as setting standards of professionalism and attitude.
Technical support duties will include:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues in the user context, covering Windows 10, Mac OS, applications, and connectivity issues.
- Research solutions to technical issues that can be raised with the relevant service owners.
- Promptly escalate issues that cannot be resolved to the 3rd line team who manages that service.
- Ensure that user experience and satisfaction is at the forefront of all activities.
- Help drive customer satisfaction to over 90% and ensure SLA attainment is consistently above the minimum requirements.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Talk customers through a series of actions, either via phone or chat, until they have solved a technical issue.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers for the incident they have raised.
- Ensure all issues are correctly logged and followed through to completion within the agreed SLA’s.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Create technical documentation in the form of run books and knowledgebase articles.
- Maintain relationships with the business and other support teams to keep up to date with changes to service and new requirements.
- Adopt the role of Subject Matter Expert for designated technologies, applications and/or platforms.
Delivering Services and Solutions:
- Exercise considerable judgement when deciding to resolve communication outages in a timely manner.
- Analyse relationships amongst several parts of a problem or situation. Identify alternative solutions and think through consequences of actions.
- Meet deadlines, delivers work on time without sacrificing quality by setting realistic but challenging timeframes and deadlines.
- Take action before being asked or being forced to by circumstance and consider and try out ‘different’ ways of tackling things
- Create opportunities or minimise potential problems by taking a unique extra effort.
- Create or seek out new tools or methods that will be better, more efficient and cost-effective for doing things.
- Communicate directly with individual / groups of customers on related problems.
- Liaise frequently with customers at all levels to investigate problems and attend to requirements.
- Convey maintenance issues and relevant problems to the relevant suppliers of IT-infrastructure products used by the business.
- Frequent contact with hardware vendors, support specialists regarding equipment needs and with vendors regarding supplies.
- Value the importance of other’s contributions to group accomplishments and demonstrate this by showing willingness to learn from others, including those who are less experienced.
- Call on others, to get their perspective, background information and/or experience, and proactively liaise with others to share relevant information.
- Continually evaluate and review own progress against goals and make specific changes in the system or own work methods to improve performance.
- Weigh alternatives/ solutions in relation to impact on bottom line, and look for opportunities that have positive impact on revenue.
Education/qualification and training
- Ideally Microsoft / CompTIA certified or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- ITIL qualification (Foundation).
- Managing user authentication issues across AD and Identity provider platforms such as Okta.
- Experience of troubleshooting user account issues (account lockout etc).
- Understanding of how Single Sign On (SSO) works.
- Excellent O365 product knowledge to support users in the user context, mainly covering Office and Outlook.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Teams and Video Conferencing tools. Zoom knowledge desirable.
- Excellent understanding of current Mac OS and Windows 10.
- Good understanding and experience of troubleshooting & supporting business application platforms.
- Supported users in an Enterprise Windows 10 environment using SCCM for application delivery and endpoint management.
- Supported users in an Enterprise Mac environment using JAMF for application delivery and endpoint management.
- AD Group and Distribution list creation and management.
- Good understanding of Windows Server, DNS, DHCP technologies.
- Good knowledge of troubleshooting network connectivity issues on Windows/Mac clients.
- Good knowledge on how to troubleshoot basic client application issues.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies.
- Experience of following runbooks to complete tasks and troubleshoot when following the runbook does not work.
- Experience of working with ITIL based Service processes and functions.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting customers in a complex, enterprise environment. Preferably in the technical services sector.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to update professional knowledge and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with exposure to matrix management.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Good relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set and achieve goals for self.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the IT service aiding other teams where needed from helpdesk and support through to architectural design and implementation
- Team player.
- Understand internal structures including key actors, decision-influencers and use this knowledge when formal structures do not work
- Recognise what is possible and not possible at certain times or in certain situations.
- Identify and maintain regular contacts with main customers. Answer customers’ queries promptly and follows up on them until satisfied.
- Provide input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.