Client Service Account Manager
- 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Account Manager aids Senior Director with all aspects of the account and account management, playing a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by ensuring exceptional service and creating value for clients leveraging strong project management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills. Account Managers are ultimately responsible for the day-to-day execution of our client’s marketing strategies. The person in this role ensures marketing and support activities are executed in a timely and efficient manner, supporting all levels of the account team, clients, and vendors. Should be curious, well organized, flexible, possess strong project coordination abilities, have great attention to details, and an eagerness to learn and grow.
Work with Anthem's Digital Marketing team that is responsible for defining solutions, forecasting, strategy and managing the execution of any digital campaigns for all lines of business at Anthem. This client manages media strategy & planning, creative strategy & execution, reporting & optimization for display, social, search & OLV for acquisition & engagement.
- Daily contact with clients at mid-management & junior of the organization as well as internal leadership
- Responsible for writing creative briefs, managing timelines, maintaining status reports, lead status meetings, meeting recaps, routing creative for approval, developing presentations and presenting to internal leadership and clients
- Management and partnership with external partners and agencies
- Detail oriented and adheres closely to process
- Key resource on the client teams to ensure the quality of client deliverables from across various Merkle business units, that Merkle’s services continually meet the client expectations, and take action to resolve issues as they arise
- Financial management of supported business lines including: weekly reporting and updates, Monthly forecasting and Salesforce updates, estimating of new work, contracts development
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in direct mail and digital marketing – search marketing, social media, display advertising, landing pages, email
- Experience with DRTV is a plus
- Understanding of CRM strategy and ability to contribute to its development and testing using their understanding of analytics
- Proven organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong Excel and PPT skills
- Strong listening and superior relationship building skills
- High intellectual curiosity
- Written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
- Based in Chicago area or willingness to relocate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
• Comprehensive healthcare plans
• FTO and family leave
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.