Senior Content Strategist
- 175 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The core function of the job is developing content strategies based on clients’ business objectives and customers’ or end users’ needs and desires and continue to translate that into the writing, planning, execution, and optimization of content on websites, apps, portals, and other digital experiences. These strategy experts must have the analytical abilities necessary to gather key business and user insights and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated.
- Content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle, leading end-to-end. This can include conducting work in our “discovery” phase like content audits/gap analyses, to developing strategies that align
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars, content playbooks, voice/tone guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and content migration plans for clients.
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, workflows, and content templates that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
- Ability to take a comprehensive and strategic approach to storytelling, tying together big ideas/concepts in a way that engages customers
- Development and execution of a holistic content strategy
- Work closely with other project teams like Research, UX, UI/Creative, SEO, Account, Strategy, Business Analysis, and Project Management to deliver a cohesive, collaborative, and consistent customer experience.
- 2-4 years experience in Content Strategy, Copywriting, UX writing, or related field
- Degree in Writing, Journalism, Literature, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Collaborative, communicative, organized, and personable
- Great presentation skills (to internal teams, leadership, and clients)
- A mix of big picture thinking and detail-oriented execution
- Proactive and go-getter mentality (with business development, process improvement, operations, client work, etc.)
- Can be operational focused as needed (developing/refining processes, hiring/shifting team members, and improving
- Proven track record that enables them to confidently work hand-in-hand with cross-functional teams
- Technology platform and Content Management System experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred (including experience across a variety of verticals, as well as B2B and B2C experience)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.