Digital Media Specialist
- 5800 Bristol Pkwy, Culver City, CA 90230, USA
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Media Services plans and serves display (or “banner”) ads across web, mobile, video (i.e. YouTube), and social media networks (i.e. Facebook). The purchasing of ad space is managed through a DSP (Demand Side Platform) where you can control the cost and placement of clients’ ads. The combination of creativity and strategic flexibility associated with display ads make them a powerful way for companies to reach potential customers.. Media Services Specialists at Merkle focus on the planning and optimization of this media across these different channels. They focus primarily on display/banner ads and social, but also work with mobile DSP, video DSP and direct publisher (traditional planning) based buying. You will create dynamic advertising strategies by combining your strengths in planning, analysis and creativity to reach clients’ goals.
- Organize and be responsible for campaign setup and management across a variety of vendors and platforms
- Build trafficking sheets to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Campaign Manager and implement ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors
- Pixel and tag generation, implementation and quality assurance
- Manage ad budgets, including allocation of monthly budgets, tactic level budget optimizations, issuance/revisions of monthly insertion orders, oversight of client’s billing and financial reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis, and resolution of media invoice and ad service fee discrepancies
- Solicit media vendors (using RFPs) and evaluate publisher capabilities and new opportunities
- Analyze campaign performance and provide optimization recommendations
- Maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, marketing, or related discipline preferred
- Experience working in DSPs preferred and Social Platforms (Facebook and Twitter) a must
- Experience in social SAAS platforms or SPMDsa plus
- Experience with digital ads trafficking (Campaign Manager, Sizmek, etc.) a plus
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional travel required (5%) typically for client meetings & QBRs
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.