Associate Director, Performance Media
- 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL
360i, a dentsu agency, is a fully integrated creative and media agency that helps brands capitalize on change. As a highly strategic creative and media partner with a deep understanding of how people discover brands and share stories, we don’t just react to changes in the marketplace – we predict and define them. We’re built for progressive marketers hungry for ideas that make human and business sense. By bringing together some of the smartest, most curious people with expertise in data, creativity, media, strategy, search, and social, we help our clients achieve their objectives and drive their business forward. And our hustle doesn’t go unnoticed. In 2019, we were selected for Ad Age’s A-List – our ninth consecutive year in the coveted issue. We’ve also been named Adweek’s Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year, one of Campaign’s Top 25 Most Influential Agencies, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and ranked amongst the best Performance Marketing Agencies by Forrester Research. That’s some range. We work with brands including 7-Eleven, Ben & Jerry’s, DSW, Kroger, Mondelez and Discover. To learn more, visit www.360i.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
360i is looking for an Associate Media Director to lead a team of media specialists, collectively responsible for managing all aspects of media strategy, execution, optimization, reporting and billing. This position bears accountability for all deliverables and work produced by his/her team and is charged with building and maintaining better processes for more efficient, integrated activation and agency-wide collaboration, and fostering a positive team environment. The ideal candidate for this role has experience managing a team and has overseen end-to-end SEM strategy/planning efforts, has a solid understanding of SEM best practices, and deep expertise using tools and technologies and how to apply complex testing and analytical approaches to problem solving. This person also has fundamental understanding and experience with complementary digital media channels such as paid social, programmatic & video. Candidate must possess an in-depth understanding of the digital media ecosystem and how SEM fits within the larger marketing mix.
- Serve as the day-to-day performance media lead for up to 5 client accounts and will serve as one of the primary contacts for media related questions and requests.
- With the Group Director, develops and owns cross-channel media strategy for assigned accounts that aligns with business objectives; oversees execution of strategy and optimizations by media team
- Owns direct client relationships and stewardship of the agency team
- Leads key initiatives with the such as technology/platform evaluations, key business priorities activations, and executional details critical to the success of the program
- Plays a lead role in crafting client-facing presentations and presenting to senior leadership & key stakeholders
- Guides advanced data analyses to ensure structural set-up/test design, timing, KPIs and outcome delivery align with agency best practices
- Responsible for being able to diagnose & solve performance issues as well as communicating the issues to the client with minimal guidance/oversight
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of technical requirements, including tracking pixels, data integrations, etc. as it applies to clients
- The freedom to develop, implement and measure the success of tests, strategic initiatives and other client priorities in search and shopping campaigns.
- Operate within a team to accomplish project priorities while operating independently on specific tasks within those projects.
- This is a hands-on role. You will be working with a team of strong search/shopping/programmatic/social operators. You will be working side by side in strategy, design, implementation, optimization and reporting of all key tasks. Should something go awry, it is expected that you will help solve and implement the fix directly with partners. You will need to have a familiarity with the user interfaces of Google, Bing, and SA360.
- You will be accountable. This account has many moving pieces and a number of key client contacts. Your ability to organize and keep track of projects will be a key difference maker.
- Minimum 5-7 years of overall business experience with a majority of experience in a search engine marketing role, preferably at an advertising or media agency, or client-side internal SEM team
- Minimum 1.5-2 years of managerial/supervisory experience, overseeing a team of employees
- Advanced knowledge of SEM best practices, tools and technologies. Must understand key performance metrics against diverse marketing goals, and how to apply those KPIs to SEM execution, bid management, and insight development.
- Experience with Structured Data/Data Feeds as they apply to Google & Bing Shopping Ads is a plus
- Cross channel experience with Youtube, Paid Social and Programmatic buying is a plus
- Must be comfortable in a client-facing capacity and able to develop positive relationships with internal and external counterparts
- Must be capable of developing and delivering strategic presentations and to think on one's feet. Also demonstrates an ability to communicate statistical findings and data insights in a compelling, convincing fashion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; including the ability to present to VP and C-level executives at Fortune 500 companies
- A team player with a positive attitude who is able to handle stressful situations and deadlines calmly
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with passion, a can-do attitude, and minimal direct oversight long term
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.