Lead Product Designer - Core Product m/f/d
WE ARE THE HOME OF MUSIC
From a pioneer tech start-up created in 2007, Deezer has become one of the first French unicorns and the second largest independent music streaming platform in the world.
At sixteen years old, we’re only just coming of age. Now listed on #EuroNext, Deezer is a rapidly-growing, cutting-edge player in the music streaming market. If you want an environment where you can make your voice heard and be at the forefront of music and tech, look no further!
We believe music is all about embracing the things that make us different.
Deezer is a vibrant community that celebrates uniqueness, diversity and individuality, and thrives on collaboration.
Our international and passionate teams pride themselves on being at the forefront of the music experience, going beyond streaming and helping the world to Live the Music. We’re constantly evolving alongside our customers, partners, artists and employees — striving to make Deezer the most personal and innovative streaming service in the world.
Ready for an electrifying journey? Apply now and do your part in bringing extraordinary music experiences to people’s lives!
You see product design as a discipline that combines gut feelings, creativy and rational insights? Over the years, you've built up expertise that you'd now like to continue using, while at the same time developing your managerial skills ? You are the one we are looking for and this job is made for you.
You will join the newly created UX business unit led by the VP UX and gathering UX Research and Product design, more precisely a passionate and talented team of 6 designers.
Your mission ? Lead a team designers that will work one of our critical product area, Core XP (in charge of the core experience of Deezer on native apps and webapp).
What you will do:
- With the leadership line, organize the work within your scope to ensure that initiatives connect with each others and that each project benefits from the best resources from the design team.
- Make sure the work done by designers within your scope are always aligned with our goals and deliver value for both the company and the users.
- Take full accountability on key or strategic initiatives from discovery to delivery.
- Upskill and grow the designers you work with by sharing your experience and expertise.
- Collaborate with designers, user researchers, PM and engineers to balance company priorities, customer needs, market insights and technical constraints.
- Be the voice of your scope to participate in reflections on the product roadmap, vision and priorities
- Improve the overall design at deezer by participating in our rituals and improving our design processes.
This role is excellent for a person with:
- Past experience in entertainment-related or B2C topics
- Greater expertise in one of these skills : Product discovery, Business analysis or Experience design
- Experience in product organizations, you have participated in multiple product discoveries and you have some knowledge of Product Management.
- Depth interest in design guidelines from Apple and Android
- An eye for detail, who know that size, spacing and micro-interactions are key
- A human-centered design process, who can rationalize your decisions with insights and data
At Deezer, you can be your true self as we believe that #everyvoicematters. We strive to build an inclusive culture and foster a diverse environment. Because we care and want to ensure each employee feels welcome and safe at work, we continuously focus on fighting biases and helping diverse teams work well together through multiple learning opportunities, e-learnings and workshops right from the onboarding :
Regular Diversity & Inclusion internal and external talks
Dedicated employee work streams on Gender equity, Ethnicity & Culture, Disability and LGBTQ+
Multiple e-learnings and mandatory training sessions for all managers
English and French courses for all, so that everyone can connect and feel included
Beyond benefits like health insurance, transportation, we offer you extra perks like:
A Deezer premium family account for free
Access to gym classes
Deezer parties several times a year and drinks every thursday
Allowance for sports, travelling and culture …
Great offices always located in dynamic and attractive districts, whether in Paris, London, Berlin or Sao Paulo!
Hybrid remote work policy
If you want to learn more about life and culture at Deezer, please visit our Welcome to the Jungle page here !