Director - Europe
- 2000 K St NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Partnering with our clients, DCI Group provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
The position of EU Affairs Director will be responsible for managing client campaigns in Europe on behalf of our global clients – reporting directly into the Partner who oversees DCI Group’s European practice.
The Director will have a deep knowledge of EU and Member State political affairs and media landscape, including the UK.,
· Provide strategic advice and analysis to DCI leadership, and our international clients, on political and policy developments in Brussels and major Member State capitals
· Author gold-standard written content for VIP clients, including CEOs and executives, government Ministers and public officials, and civil society thought-leaders
· Strategic and tactical planning of client campaigns, to both proactively lead policy debates and also respond rapidly to developments
· Coordinate tasks on several international projects interacting with internal client services teams and external consultants on a daily basis
· Drive daily commitment by the team to achieve client objectives, including managing workflow, leading strategy meetings, and ensuring deadlines and other KPIs are met
· Proactively expand DCI Group’s political and stakeholder networks around key issues, across Europe
· Oversee the work programme of junior staff members
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Understanding of and previous engagement with media
· Understanding of policymaking in major European capitals with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a political campaign, politically-appointed government role, or equivalent experience from the non-profit or private sector
· Passion for understanding and analysing commercial and geopolitical trends – thinking outside of the Brussels & Westminster bubbles!
· Proven ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
· Campaign oriented with a personality focused on creativity, energy and enthusiasm for problem-solving
· Strong work ethic and flexibility to work across multiple time-zones
· Deep network of contacts among policymakers and important stakeholders (think-tanks, media, business groups, academic institutions, etc)
· Campaign experience for a European or international political party / candidate or think tank
· Understanding of and interest in the principles of free trade, and global economic development
· Fluency in other European languages
· Experience working inside the EU institutions
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.