- 1828 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Partnering with our clients, DCI Group provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
DCI is looking for a recent graduate with a strong desire to build a career as a finance/accounting professional to be our next Accounting Associate. The candidate should possess a consistently positive attitude, be a team player with strong motor/energy, strict attention to detail/deadlines, polished communicator, and ability to maintain discretion/confidentiality. Demonstrated success in Accounting/Finance/Business coursework preferred.
The job responsibilities of the Accounting Associate consist of:
· Full-cycle accounting and month-end close processes, to include full-cycle accounting on client projects, comprised of tracking and accounting for all of the financial components of a project, such as budgets, estimates, costs, billings, pass-through expenditures, and revenue recognition
· Full-cycle accounts payable processing, including researching vendor inquiries, initiating wire/ACH payments, issuing checks, reviewing employee expense reimbursement requests
· Assisting the Revenue Manager with accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and creation of invoices
· Financial reporting duties to include posting journal entries for accruals/adjustments, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing a portion of the monthly financial report that is ultimately submitted to firm senior management
· Other ad-hoc tasks (as assigned), including accounting for the company's international subsidiary and certain domestic subsidiaries, and assisting in the preparation of tax filings
In summary, the Accounting Associate would have a significant opportunity to get his/her feet wet with a wide variety of finance/accounting tasks and responsibilities and attain substantial cross-functional exposure. The DCI Finance team is a relatively small team (5 people altogether in the Finance dept.), so the Accounting Associate would also have visibility with the Controller and VP Finance.
o Bachelor’s degree, preference given to candidates with demonstrated success in Accounting/Finance/Business coursework
o Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), Google Drive
§ Heavy MS Excel use: PivotTable, VLookup experience a must
o Prior experience with accounting IT systems a plus
o Clear, effective communicator (oral and written)
o Proven ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines, juggle multiple priorities
o Analytical thinker, someone who is intellectually curious
o Prior experience in a client-serving role (in any industry) a plus
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.