- 1828 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Partnering with our clients, DCI Group provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
The Systems Engineer is in charge of designing, implementing and maintaining the information technology systems for our organization.
General responsibilities include:
· Demonstrating leadership and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure components: Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP, PKI, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL, Office, IIS, MFA.
· Demonstrating leadership and advanced knowledge VMware ESX in a multi node cluster along with Storage area networks (Dell Equallogic and Dell Compellent preferred).
· Contributing to and leading specific projects to enhance Windows infrastructure, automating existing processes and procedures using MS PowerShell or other automation tools, and managing and maintaining the technologies in production.
· Ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the firm’s technology infrastructure through the appropriate operation of relevant technologies.
· Responsible for System Administration and supporting the service desk team with tier-2 and tier-3 IT support tickets which have been escalated to engineering.
· Supporting and fostering departmental and company culture through mentoring, training and oversight of service desk staff, fellow engineers and other firm staff.
· Ability to work with or within a team and provide leadership in the design, deployment and support of infrastructure systems focused best practices and standardized processes.
· Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to system availability, cost savings, and/or productivity improvements.
· Setting up administrator and service account, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system-wide software, Interact with users, and evaluate vendor products.
· Recommending and documenting standards and best practices including capacity planning, recovery strategies and security for supported areas while establishing system management criteria.
· Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
· Associates Degree or higher in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related field or equivalent applicable work experience.
· At least 5 years of highly relevant Microsoft engineering and/or support experience.
· Prior experience with VMware virtualization technologies preferred.
· Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
· Ability to install, configure and maintain a variety of Microsoft systems and software.
· Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
· A strong working knowledge of Okta, Zscaler, and VMware Workspace ONE (formerly Airwatch) is a plus
· Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to and implement changes quickly.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, vendors and peers.
· Strong attention to detail and solid follow-up capabilities.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.