Media Affairs Director
- 1828 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Partnering with our clients, DCI Group provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
· Pitch news stories to various media outlets including TV, print and radio
· Establish and develop relationships with members of the press
· Draft written message materials including press releases, and talking points
· Manage and administer the activities of assigned accounts or industry segments in accordance with DCI policies and client objectives
· Manage complex issue campaigns, including, creation and execution of strategic public relations plans
· Work well under deadline in a fast paced environment
· Able to present to large groups – both internal and external audiences; and clearly articulates client needs
· Begins to think ahead of client by understanding the industry strategy not just the campaign strategy; and
· Develops and manages implementation of solutions that meet both the wants and needs of clients
· Identifies and participates in developing new business opportunities and/or seeks ways to expand current client business
· Encourages and rewards respect, cooperation and enthusiasm on the team
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, energetic, and highly organized with great interpersonal skills. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills and have experience developing communications plans, press materials, pitches, press release, talking points and blog postings. Finally, it is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization and be viewed as a highly collaborative team player.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Assist in managing complex issue campaigns, including creation and execution of strategic public relations plans
- Complex project management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Have and maintain strong existing reporter relationships
- Ability to prepare and present complex materials or issues before a wide variety of audiences
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of communication styles
- High level of professionalism and ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- New media and policy expertise
- Five-seven years of experience in public relations, media relations or journalism preferred
General responsibilities include: managing tasks on several client projects concurrently, interacting with internal client services teams on a daily basis, as well as demonstrating ease, comfort and professionalism in dealing with the press.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.