Account Associate, Digital Services
- 1828 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Partnering with our clients, DCI Group provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
DCI Group is seeking an entry-level public affairs professional with 1-2 years’ work experience to join the firm’s Digital Services division in our Washington, DC office. The position of Account Associate offers an excellent opportunity for growth in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects across DCI Group’s digital public affairs business. Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of and interest in the public policy process and have strong written and communication skills. Candidate must consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment when fulfilling multiple responsibilities. Public affairs or communications internship experience with a focus on integrated marketing, or digital communications in an agency, campaign, or advocacy organization is a plus.
· Integral part of internal team to achieve client goals
· Manages multiple priorities
· Assists in updating websites
· Works with technical team to manager website development projects
· Manages social networking tools
· Assists in creating and sending email newsletters
· Monitors and reports on social media coverage
· Manages process for website content creation and publishing
· Demonstrates interest in a variety of public policy issues including: energy, health care, education, and technology
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Available to work hours outside the traditional workday, as necessary
· Communicates effectively with colleagues
· Fulfills responsibilities within deadline and in client-ready format
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Knowledge of blog content management systems
o Familiar with major social networks like Twitter and Facebook
o Excellent written and oral communication skills
o Strong project management capability
o Ability to execute tasks under extreme time pressure
o Exercises independent judgment
o Exhibits critical attention to detail and problem solving skills
o Flexibility to work with different personalities
o Creative thinker
o Intellectual curiosity, enjoys learning new things and accepts new challenges readily
o Proactive in completing tasks
o Thrives on a challenge
o Demonstrates professionalism in communications and work manner
o Proficient in MS Office
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.