- Washington, DC, Washington, DC, us
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
DCI Group is seeking an entry-level public affairs professional with 1-2 years’ work experience to join the War Room in our Washington, DC office. The position of Account Associate offers an excellent opportunity for growth in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects across all divisions of DCI Group’s public affairs business. Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of and interest in the public policy process and have strong writing and communication skills. Candidate must consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment when fulfilling multiple responsibilities. Public relations, government or political internship experience a plus.
- Integral part of internal team to achieve client goals
- Manages multiple priorities
- Drafts content and deliverables for internal teams and clients
- Monitors and prepares daily media clips for client distribution
- Coordinates with client team to prepare for high-level meetings
- Manages websites and creates social media site content
- Organizes and manages client events
- Demonstrates interest in a variety of public policy issues including: energy, health care, education, and technology
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work hours outside the traditional workday, as necessary
- Communicates effectively with colleagues
- Fulfills responsibilities within deadline and in client-ready format
- Campaign-style issue research experience a plus
- Proficiency in social networking tools is preferred
- Some travel could be required
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Developed written and verbal communication skills
- Exercises independent judgment
- Exhibits critical attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work with different personalities
- Creative thinker
- Intellectual curiosity, enjoys learning new things and accepts new challenges readily
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive in completing tasks
- Thrives on a challenge
- Demonstrates professionalism in communications and work manner
- Proficient in MS Office
- Willingness to travel
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills desired
Please apply at http://www.dcigroup.com/careers/
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.