Director, Strategic Alliances
- Washington, DC, Washington, DC, us
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
DCI Group is currently seeking to fill the position of Director in our Client Services division with a strong focus on strategic alliances and coalition building. The Director will be required to:
- Focus efforts on strategic alliances, third party outreach and external affairs with non-profit organizations, advocacy groups, and academics across the country
- Manage long-term relationships between DCI Group and alliances by demonstrating diplomacy skills and a high level of trust within both organizations
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in creating new strategic alliances
- Understand and remain current with best practices in coalition management
- Focus efforts on issue campaign management, external outreach to non-profit organizations, expert voices, and academics and grassroots mobilization
- Interface with clients: participate in the formulation of strategy and working with team members to execute campaign plans
DCI Group is seeking candidates with 5+ years experience (i.e. community outreach on behalf of a member or caucus, corporate community outreach, or non-profit corporate relations). The ideal candidate should possess a demonstrated track record of developing alliances and achieving high-impact business results in a fast paced work environment. Experience in free market policy preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Complex project management skills
- Understanding of constituency relations and strategic alliances
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Can manage budgets and staff for projects
- Strong existing external relationships in varying public policy areas and communities as well as proven experience with coalition building and grassroots mobilization
- Ability to prepare and present complex materials or issues before a wide variety of audiences
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of communication styles
- Willingness to travel domestically (10%)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills required
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.