Media Relations Specialist / Booker
- Washington, DC
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
As a DCI Group team member, you’ll be able to grow your career by working in a fast-paced environment with talented and committed individuals.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
Our total rewards package includes:
- Competitive market pay based compensation and bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
- Bustling downtown location, casual environment and lots more!
This job is a senior member of the media affairs team at DCI Group and will be responsible for working with internal client teams to position experts on key television and radio programs. In addition, identifying and building relationships with reporters and bookers will be essential.
Job responsibilities include:
- Pitching news and human interest stories to national and local television outlets
- Pitching news and human interest stories to national and local radio outlets
- Building and maintaining relationships with program bookers
- Building and maintaining relationships with reporters
- Collecting and collating media hits for dissemination
- Strategic media counsel
- Interacting with internal and external client services teams
The candidate should have a minimum of five years experience as a television and/or radio producer and/or booker or booking guests on television and/or radio news programs. Additionally, this individual must have strong relationships and contacts with producers and TV/radio bookers with network, cable, including financial news outlets and programs and must be able to secure media placements.
The candidate must have excellent communications skills with the ability to assist in drafting pitches and executing strategic communications plans. The candidate should also be a strategic thinker, a self-starter, able to work in a fast pace environment and interested in public policy.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.