Emergency Notification System Project Engineer/System Analyst
- Washington, DC, USA
Crown is a global leader in planning and implementing advanced air mobility (AAM) services, with a particular focus on urban air mobility (UAM). We bring more than three decades of experience in developing strategy, exploring concepts, assessing technologies, developing use cases, and projecting economic impacts for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Canadian government, and state and city departments of transportation. We are looking for an exceptional new team member to join our Crown innovators working with companies and government agencies to safely advance aviation’s newest frontier.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as "One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2020."
The System Analyst position is part of a team of Information Telecommunications (IT) professionals supporting the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Command, Control, and Communications (C3) office which is responsible for ensuring emergency operations are maintained through a number of communications projects and programs. The candidate would provide support to the Emergency Notification System (ENS) Program Management Office. The ENS is a cloud based, Software as a Service (SaaS) that provides the FAA with a single, uniform, and comprehensive emergency notification capability for use by all FAA Lines of Business (LOB). Its purpose is to enable the FAA to communicate with employees and contractors during emergencies and to streamline Agency processes for accounting for employees.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform ENS system administration duties necessary to maintain the operational system within the Agency.
- Train new users and assist with the development of training materials for all levels of users and system roles.
- Provide technical support for ENS operators across the FAA.
- Participate in interagency meetings and working groups to support the agency’s 24/7 notification capabilities.
- Review and make recommendations to ENS program processes, standard operating procedures, and metrics gathered to support effective program management.
- Must pass a background investigation. US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, math, or science is required
- (or 8 years relevant experience).
- +3 relevant years experience.
- Understanding of software application development lifecycle management processes (some requirements analysis, scrum support, KanBan) and enterprise architecture.
- Experience with AGILE software development.
- Ability to present both technical and non-technical information in a well-written, logical format.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Visit: www.crownci.com for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext 3059.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor