- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, Utah, us
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason.
The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, the digital content and provide a web-based platform for social media sharing that makes it all possible.
As the Art Director you'll report to the Creative Director and work cross-functionally with Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Sales, Product Management and Software Development teams. You’ll be a part of a team that loves to delight our customers and you'll directly impact the Cricut brand.
- Oversee design projects and help to create brand consistency
- Deliver creative solutions to communicate brand objectives
- Visualize and conceptualize ideas through wireframes and sketches
- Ensure brand guidelines are consistently met
- Responsible for all print creative direction and execution of seasonal print catalogs, advertising, packaging, trade materials, consumer collateral, etc.
- Work closely with Visual Design Manager to ensure projects remain on schedule and are completed in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Creative Director, photo / video team on creative direction
- Complete design tasks independently to meet deadlines and assure company and stakeholder creative integrity
- Motivate and inspire the team to deliver the highest level of creative possible
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Creative Director to determine scope of projects and presentations
- Work with copywriter to assure brand messaging and tone is consistent with creative direction
- Establish entire conceptual and stylistic direction on selective assignments
- Manage and direct multiple large-scale projects and prioritize workload with their respective teams
- Exercise quality control over assigned projects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading teams as a Design Manager/Art Director (digital and print)
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and fluent in preparing mechanicals
- Excellent sense of design, color, image composition and typography
- Extensive knowledge in digital production
- Experience directing external agencies and freelance talent including but not limited to Production Artists, Designers and Retouches
- Must be confident in presenting ideas and designs to key stakeholders
- Multi-task as you work on multiple projects using a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, and various software applications
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience designing for consumer products and retail
- Mentor, Inspire and lead a team of visual designers
- Maintain deadlines and product goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in graphic design
- Involved with design community and professional organizations
- Must possess self-motivated creativity and strategic thinking in fast-paced environment
What to Do Next: Please send us your portfolio and resume telling us why you are Cricut's next Art Director. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Insta and/or fan pages made because of you). If you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!