Global Compensation Analyst
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut® is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut®” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
As the architect of Cricut’s Total Rewards program, you will oversee the redesign, implementation and communication of a comprehensive global compensation strategy. This strategy will help Cricut® attract, inspire, and ultimately retain great people. This type of career opportunity arises once in a career and you will learn from a dream team of executives and Human Resources professionals.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What you will do
- Collaborate with the COO and General Counsel on a variety of projects including work with market data on salary, commissions, bonus, equity, budgeting to help redesign and implement our global compensation strategy.
- Develop plans to analyze data sets using statistical methods and carry out these analyses to make compensation recommendations.
- Build and evolve our compensation programs and support related communication efforts and materials.
- Support our monthly, quarterly and annual compensation cycles, including variable compensation plans.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders and employees on compensation related issues.
- Partner with Recruiting on new hire compensation recommendations based on market data and cost of living indexes.
- Be the expert in salary bench-marking, ad hoc compensation projects, and stay up to date on industry trends and norms.
- Analyze internal and external salary statistics and recommend, develop and implement appropriate employee compensation structures based on this information.
- Create and apply employee incentive plans to maintain and attract talent. Work in partnership with the Human Resources team to ensure that compensation and bonus programs can compete with other businesses.
- Uses published surveys or conducts ad hoc surveys to obtain and analyze market pay rates. Makes recommendations on appropriate pay levels. Reviews recommendations within Cricut context.
- Prepares reports on findings and handles administrative steps to formalize recommendations.
- Reviews manager’s request for salary review and makes pay level determinations. This includes reviewing job questionnaires, conferring with managers, evaluating jobs and preparing written reports on findings. Communicates with stakeholders regarding the result of compensation work.
- Maintains records of both bonus and long-term incentive programs.
- Provides analytics support and data analysis on projects and human resources metrics.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Coordinates with HR to educate managers.
- Works with HR to ensure that the HRIS (UltiPro) meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
- Assists management and HR with compensation-related issues.
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Communicate effectively with people of all job levels and personalities.
- Ability to evaluate and convey information in legible reports to Human Resources, Finance, and Executive groups.
- Well versed in Human Resource principles and best practices in compensation including job analysis/evaluation
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local rules, regulations and/or statues
- Proficient in Excel for analysis of data
- Maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience
- Three to five years of experience in the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or Finance preferred.
- CCP or GRP certification preferred but not required.
- Three+ years of work experience in compensation analysis at a private or public company.
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related practical experience.
- Experience using compensation surveys.
- Proficient in Excel and proven ability to build and maintain complex models (such as compensation cost models).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to translate quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences
What to Do Next: Please attach a resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the ideal Compensation Expert for Cricut®. You can be sure that Cricut® is a workplace who values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!