Paralegal - Intellectual Property
- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, UT, us
Cricut is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space. The Cricut is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that lets our users cut intricate patterns in over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space software, our customers design projects using digital images from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Our customers can also select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials and the digital content that makes it all possible.
Do you yearn to learn? Do you love adding trademark symbols to everything everywhere? Cricut is looking for a smart self-starter with experience in the intellectual property landscape or with the desire to learn this area. You will assist in protecting Cricut’s growing intellectual property portfolio, enforcing IP rights, reviewing agreements and researching cutting edge topics.
- Be interested and passionate about protecting the company’s intellectual property (copyright registrations, patent and trademark searches and filings)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with positivity and professionalism, and a sense of humor
- Be willing to play detective in uncovering malfeasance through regular online monitoring
- Have an eye for detail in reviewing and completing contracts for independent contractors, artists and designers
- Draft scintillating memoranda regarding legal issues involving the company
- Efficiently perform legal research assignments
- Be curious about best industry practices and legal developments
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Positive demeanor with strong organizational skills.
- Legal search methodologies and enforcement protocols.
- Working knowledge of copyrights, and trademarks, and other IP matters.
- Superior analytical and communication skills with ability to change communication style based on need.
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and note about why you are the best person for this position. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!