Accounts Payable Clerk
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
As the Accounts Payable Manager, your focus is payables, cash management and responsibilities across the general ledger. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy process improvement and have never met an accounting practice you can’t automate? Are you a leader with international business experience? You will work primarily with the CFO, Controller, Accounting Manager, and department heads. Apply today to start your journey with Cricut at the intersection of technology and creativity.
- Manage Accounts Payable including Customer Vendor Relations, check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Assist Controller and Accounting Manager with month-end closing procedures, including managing monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between the company, government and external auditors to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Manages and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Ensure the effective operation of the Accounts Payable team, taking a “hands-on” approach as needed.
- Leads all areas of AP, drive process improvements through cross-functional influence.
- Manage the completion of the consolidated AP and Accounting month-end close.
- Ensure deadline adherence including completion of required journal entries, flux analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Collaborate with external audit staff for year-end audit work.
- Lead continuing efforts to accelerate the accounting close, including managing both AP and Accounting automation initiatives.
- Drives leadership from within the team for change recommendations to improve efficacy.
- Help develop AP performance standard measurements, monthly tracking of key metrics, collaborative and customer service-oriented behaviors, and effective practices.
- Interact professionally but persistently, with leaders for invoice dispute resolution, obtaining approvals, voucher processing, and special projects.
- Direct and supervise Form 1099 processing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five or more years of accounting experience
- Experience working with GAAP and accounting software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Large ERP AP system experience preferred, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Experience with a high-volume accounts payable environment
- Innovative and able to thrive in a high paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Adaptable to change
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!