Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- 10855 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan, UT 84095, USA
Cricut helps people everywhere live creative lives by providing the tools they need to make beautiful, high-quality DIY projects quickly and easily. Innovator in the smart cutting machines category, Cricut offers the industry-leading Cricut MakerTM and Cricut Explore® machines, Design Space® software, a lineup of crafting tools and accessories, and a diverse range of materials such as vinyl, decorative papers, and iron-on. Cricut products can be found at most major craft stores and online. Cricut is located in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. Learn more at Cricut.com.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Core Competencies:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and advisors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in periodic conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for lenders, investors and company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and manage accounting directors, managers and staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors and tax advisors; Manage preparation and support for all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage with executive team and board members to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit and finance best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop a team of 12, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- MBA from top ranked business school preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience as a CFO in a medium to large corporation – publicly traded preferred.
- 15+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP and IFRS.
- Background coordinating with IT staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience – SAP experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
What to Do Next: Attach your resume. You can be sure Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so please submit any online presence you may have - Twitter, Facebook, Insta, Portfolio, Fan pages made because of you, etc. If you are a DIY enthusiast, we would love to hea/see your creativity.