IT Help Desk Manager
- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, Utah, United States
Cricut helps people everywhere live creative lives by providing the tools they need to make beautiful, high-quality DIY projects quickly and easily. Innovator in the smart cutting machines category, Cricut offers the industry-leading Cricut MakerTM and Cricut Explore® machines, Design Space® software, a lineup of crafting tools and accessories, and a diverse range of materials such as vinyl, decorative papers, and iron-on. Cricut products can be found at most major craft stores and online. Cricut is located in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. Learn more at Cricut.com.
The IT Help Desk Manager is responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the IT Help Desk team. This role will collaborate inter-departmentally and will execute the planning, design, and improvements of the IT Help Desk team according to industry best practices, while ensuring the highest level of customer service. This unique opportunity is a hands-on and high visibility position for Cricut's domestic and international offices located in Utah, and remotely in India and China.
The role of the IT Help Desk Team is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, peripherals, AV and VC equipment. Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software while ensuring optimal performance and reliability is just part of the fun! The IT Help Desk team also provides guidance and support on various business software and services.
- Responsibilities include managing and serving multiple remote sites and remote employees.
- Customer focus and satisfaction is a VERY BIG deal. You will be tasked with continually improving customer satisfaction, which will include monitoring help desk interactions, training help desk employees, and establishing metrics to demonstrate success.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to end users and employees on computer operation and other issues across the company.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Assure that onboarding activities are carried out to provide new employees with timely and flawless integration.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding computer software and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all computers, monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Construct, install, and test standardized and customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Build and continually develop relationships with teams across the organization.
- Liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Develop and manage reporting of metrics and Service Level Agreements that effectively measure team, department and vendor performance, and are in line with the needs of the business.
- BS degree in computer science, information systems AND 5+ years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading small teams
- Excellent technical knowledge of network hardware and software
- Extensive hardware support experience with Mac and PC desktops and laptops
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems and standards, including Windows, Apple OSX, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint and MS Teams highly desirable.
- A sense of humor is always welcome (Dad jokes are the best)
- Demonstrated leadership, not dictatorship, but true leadership
- Strong customer-service orientation and the desire to truly help contribute to something incredible
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to entry level and C-level employees
- Understanding of Cricut’s goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven with keen attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and other computer components
- Lifting and transporting heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Primary responsibility for South Jordan, Utah location with occasional travel possible
Strategy & Planning
- Supervise a small team of individuals responsible for implementing and maintaining Service Desk standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Proactively lead and develop the performance of team members through performance management, resource review & planning, training and development to meet the needs of the business.
- Recommend and implement applicable technologies to effectively manage the client environment in regard to security, anti-virus, image and patch management.
- Lead by example in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring computer performance.
- Develop long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Lead development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and installations.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Lead research of computer products in support of procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Help determine technology direction for client services including desktop/laptop, mobile devices, and remote access solutions.
- Support multi-media, teleconferencing, and conference room technologies.
- Support employees in recommending, scheduling, and performing PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
What to Do Next:
Please send a resume and a note about why you are the best IT Help Desk Team Manager EVER! You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!