Senior Hardware Product Manager
- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, UT, us
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut® is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason. The “Cricut®” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather.
Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! Valentine Cards that make your lover melt? You bet. Quilts? You mean you don’t have to be a grandma to sew a quilt? The possibilities are endless. If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, and the digital content that makes it all possible.
We’re looking for a stellar hardware product manager to drive the next generation of Cricut® products. You will have the opportunity to translate the excitement and needs of our consumers into developing new products, further expanding the growth of our brand. You will play a key role in shaping how we approach bringing new products to market and how we drive penetration of our brand across the DIY, Home Décor and craft category.
Cricut® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As a Senior Hardware Product Manager, you'll:
- Manage the execution of new product initiatives and/or core product improvements to market launch
- Conduct competitive analysis to understand the market and key opportunities to differentiate product
- Identify key research questions and assist in developing consumer learning plan
- Actively participate in research and share insights with the cross-functional team
- Define the consumer target, positioning, key benefits and features
- Develop product requirements and gain cross-functional alignment
- Work closely with ID, engineering, China team and QA on executing the product
- Lead Gate meetings associated with the product launch
- Track project timeline and ensure team is hitting key milestones
- Lead development of product packaging, partnering with Creative Team
- Partner with Channel Marketing to develop selling story for channel partners
- Managing ongoing business post launch, including tracking product performance
- MBA highly preferred or Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of product marketing experience
- Brand or product management experience required, hardware product management experience a plus
- Passion for innovation – a strong track record of delivering innovative product experiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit – ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up environment and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Passion for the consumer – desire to really get to know the consumer, translating the consumer needs into product requirements and experiences
- Excellent communication skills – demonstrated use of written, presentation and verbal skills to drive team enthusiasm for products and gain stakeholder buy-in
- Working at all levels – proven ability to drive strategic thinking about the product direction as well as focus on the executional details
- Team player – build strong relationships with the cross-functional team while serving as the team lead to drive results
- Data-driven decisions – know how to get and analyze data to make business decisions, balancing thoughtful research with the need for timeliness
What to Do Next: Please send a resume and a note about why you're the best product manager. You can be sure that Cricut® is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Fan pages made because of you), and if you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!