- 10855 S. River Front Parkway, Suite 300, South Jordan, Utah, us
Cricut® is the global leader in the connected DIY technology space, and let’s face it, if it’s going to be done right, you have to do it yourself! Cricut is recognized as one of the craft industry’s forerunners in innovation and design and for good reason.
The “Cricut” is an electronic cutting machine – like a printer that cuts – that empowers our talented users to design their own projects by cutting intricate patterns with over 100 different materials ranging from paper and cardstock to iron-on and adhesive vinyl and even thicker materials like chipboard and leather. Using our cloud-based Design Space® software, our customers weld, slice, and finagle shapes and images of all sizes using digital content from our library or uploaded from the web to make personalized cards, posters, custom t-shirts, home décor, even quilting and sewing projects. Science projects that win ribbons and get A’s, check! If anyone is telling themselves, creativity is not my forte—well, we’ve got that covered too. Our customers can select from over 3,000 Make-it-Now projects which make DIY easier than ever before. We sell the machines, the materials, the digital content and provide a web-based platform for social media sharing that makes it all possible.
We are seeking a highly successful and driven Art Director to join our team and help lead creative projects. As the Art Director you'll report to the Creative Director and work cross-functionally with Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Sales, Product Management and Software Development teams. You will develop strategy and fulfill the execution throughout each phase of the project. Your portfolio must demonstrate branding and brand language development, experience with digital media, web, mobile, video, and a strong understanding of graphic design principles.
- Oversee all design projects and help to create brand consistency
- Deliver creative solutions to communicate brand objectives
- Visualize and conceptualize ideas through wireframes and sketches
- Responsible for all print creative direction and execution of seasonal print catalogs, advertising, packaging, trade materials, consumer collateral, etc.
- Will work closely with Visual Design Manager to keep all projects on schedule and see projects through completion in a timely manner.
- 10+ years of interactive, graphic design, and branding experience, agency experience preferred
- Meticulous attention to design details, composition, and concept development
- Exhibit high creative standards in your digital portfolio
- Excellent sense of design, color, image composition and typography
- Extensive knowledge in digital production
- Experience directing external agencies and freelance talent
- Must be confident in presenting ideas and designs
- Multi-task as you work on multiple projects using a wide range of media
- Experience designing for consumer products and retail a plus
- Directing, executing, and evolving the brand across all platforms
- Produce thoughtful and innovative work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Present a portfolio that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of interactivity for web, mobile web, and native apps
- Well-versed in interactive technologies, best practices and relentlessly curious about emerging trends, platforms and products
- You take a proactive approach to brand consistency and are able to translate mission-critical priorities into dynamic, visually-compelling solutions
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in graphic design
- Involved with design community and professional organizations
- Must possess self-motivated creativity and strategic thinking in fast-paced environment
What to Do Next: Please send us your portfolio and resume telling us why you are Cricut's next Art Director. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety, so write to us in your real voice and tell us what you’re all about. Please submit any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, Insta and/or fan pages made because of you). If you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!