- 200 Cambridge Park Dr, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Precision therapeutics for genetically defined diseases. Real solutions for real challenges.
Who We Are
Cogent Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing real solutions to treat genetically driven diseases. With a focus on rational drug discovery and development, we are leveraging validated biology to advance precision therapies designed to address the true underlying drivers of disease and provide real hope for patients. Cogent’s lead therapeutic candidate, PLX9486 (expected to be named CGT9486 in the future), is a precision kinase inhibitor designed to selectively and potently inhibit the KIT D816V mutation. This mutation is responsible for driving a rare and serious condition called Systemic Mastocytosis which can severely impact many different tissues and organs in the body. We are also studying PLX9486 to treat advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), which have a strong dependence on oncogenic KIT signaling.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to add to our growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for GAAP accounting, month-end close activities, contract maintenance, purchase order creation, invoice entry and financial statement preparation and will assist with payroll processing. The role requires a solid accounting background combined with strong analytical skills.
What You Will Do:
- Key preparer in the month-end close process
- Timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations including, but not limited to, Cash, AP, Fixed Assets, Prepaid expenses, and Accruals
- Keen attention to detail when booking all journal entries into NetSuite
- Preparer of monthly variance analysis
- Review of P&L accounts to resolve classification issues
- Setting up purchase orders in NetSuite in accordance with purchasing policy
- Invoice entry in NetSuite
- Assist with the preparation of payroll
- Assisting with the preparation of all SEC reporting documents (i.e. 10-k, 10-q)
- Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures and identify areas where improvements can be made
- Working with the team on establishing appropriate processes leading to SOX compliance processes
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 1-3 years’ experience
- CPA license or similar preferred, but not required
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Microsoft office skills required, including Excel
- Experience in the Biotech industry preferred
Cambridge, MA: Our Boston office is located within walking distance of the Alewife T station in Cambridge, MA. Our space includes an open office layout designed for collaboration. Free access is provided for both on-site parking and gym facilities in the building. We are in close proximity to leading academic institutions like MIT and Harvard and to potential pharmaceutical and biotech partners. This unique location allows for a high level of energy and intellectual exchange within and among fast growing early stage companies.
Boulder, CO: We are in the process of building a second location in the fast-growing biopharmaceutical hub in the greater Denver/Boulder corridor. Our CEO is based full-time in this location, which will serve as the future home of Cogent’s discovery research organization.
Our Offer To You
To attract the very best talent, we offer a generous benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), unlimited time-off, a 401(k) plan, and commuter/parking benefits.
- Cogent is an equal opportunity employer
- Note to agencies – we are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and will not be responsible for fees associated with any such submittals