Senior Manager, Program Management
- 200 Cambridge Park Dr, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Precision therapeutics for genetically defined diseases. Real solutions for real challenges.
Who We Are
Cogent Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing real solutions to treat genetically driven diseases. With a focus on rational drug discovery and development, we are leveraging validated biology to advance precision therapies designed to address the true underlying drivers of disease and provide real hope for patients. Cogent’s lead therapeutic candidate, PLX9486 (expected to be named CGT9486 in the future), is a precision kinase inhibitor designed to selectively and potently inhibit the KIT D816V mutation. This mutation is responsible for driving a rare and serious condition called Systemic Mastocytosis which can severely impact many different tissues and organs in the body. We are also studying PLX9486 to treat advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), which have a strong dependence on oncogenic KIT signaling.
What You Will Do
- Support the management of cross-functional core teams and program teams that will include representatives from clinical, nonclinical, regulatory, CMC, to create and execute integrated strategic development plans
- Build and maintain complex project plans and budgets from pre-clinical activities through launch and commercialization
- Create and maintain program-related documentation, including, but not limited to, program plans and timelines, decision logs, risk management tools, monthly program updates, budget summaries and project goals, ensuring appropriate archiving and access
- Manage team meeting operations such as planning agendas, scheduling meetings, preparing minutes, and proactively following-up with team members on critical action items
- Partner with Program Team Leader to ensure effective and timely communication to team members and senior management regarding program deliverables, key milestones, achievement of external and internal commitments, timelines, budgets, and key events
- Proactively identify risks; partners with scientific team to develop risk mitigation plans
- Identify learnings and opportunities for synergies across the portfolio
What You Bring
- 5-8 years of prior experience and training managing pre-clinical and clinical stage programs
- BS/MS in a related scientific discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency and comfort with program management tools including the Microsoft Suite of products
- Working knowledge of GXPs and other applicable compliance requirements
- Expertise in creating and managing standard program management tools
- Proven track record of effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop strong positive relationship with members of a multidisciplinary team including effective influencing skills.
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial and science-driven company environment
- Good corporate and matrix management skills to meet Cogent Biosciences organizational needs and to leverage resources as required to drive assigned programs forward.
- Exceptional listening, speaking and writing skills
- High level of attention to detail
Cambridge, MA: Our Boston office is located within walking distance of the Alewife T station in Cambridge, MA. Our space includes an open office layout designed for collaboration. Free access is provided for both on-site parking and gym facilities in the building. We are in close proximity to leading academic institutions like MIT and Harvard and to potential pharmaceutical and biotech partners. This unique location allows for a high level of energy and intellectual exchange within and among fast growing early stage companies.
Boulder, CO: We are in the process of building a second location in the fast-growing biopharmaceutical hub in the greater Denver/Boulder corridor. Our CEO is based full-time in this location, which will serve as the future home of Cogent’s discovery research organization.
Our Offer To You
To attract the very best talent, we offer a generous benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), unlimited time-off, a 401(k) plan, and commuter/parking benefits.
- Cogent is an equal opportunity employer
- Note to agencies – we are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and will not be responsible for fees associated with any such submittals