(Senior) Director, IT
- 200 Cambridge Park Dr, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Precision therapeutics for genetically defined diseases. Real solutions for real challenges.
Who We Are
Cogent Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing real solutions to treat genetically driven diseases. With a focus on rational drug discovery and development, we are leveraging validated biology to advance precision therapies designed to address the true underlying drivers of disease and provide real hope for patients. Cogent’s lead therapeutic candidate, CGT9486 (formerly PLX9486), is a precision kinase inhibitor designed to selectively and potently inhibit the KIT D816V mutation. This mutation is responsible for driving a rare and serious condition called Systemic Mastocytosis which can severely impact many different tissues and organs in the body. We are also studying CGT9486 to treat advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), which have a strong dependence on oncogenic KIT signaling.
We are building a multisite organization that will rely on its ability to stay connected and collaborate as we advance CGT9486. We will look to your leadership and expertise as we quickly grow from a startup to midsize biotech.
What You Will Do:
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be focused on the following activities:
- Develop strategy relating to Cogent’s Technology and IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, business applications, security, networks, and communication systems) aligned with established goals and organizational strategy
- Oversee IT security and compliance by establishing controls and processes in support of data security, PHI, SOX and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Manage vendors and consultants for data management and IT
- Develop an annual IT budget and ensure it is managed and tracked cost-effectively
- Set and maintain IT policies across the organization
- Ensure implemented security controls are working and disaster recovery plans are in place
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant experience
- 8-10 + years of experience working in IT operations and implementing IT solutions, preferably in a biotech environment
- A track record of successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies
- Experience with evaluating, implementing and managing scientific data management platforms, cloud computing, electronic lab notebook software, on-site storage solutions and IT vendor services
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience with GxP document control systems is a plus
- Understanding and familiarity with Mac, Apple iOS, SharePoint, Slack, and G Suite is preferred
Cambridge, MA: Our Boston office is located within walking distance of the Alewife T station in Cambridge, MA. Our space includes an open office layout designed for collaboration. Free access is provided for both on-site parking and gym facilities in the building. We are in close proximity to leading academic institutions like MIT and Harvard and to potential pharmaceutical and biotech partners. This unique location allows for a high level of energy and intellectual exchange within and among fast growing early stage companies.
Boulder, CO: We are in the process of building a second location in the fast-growing biopharmaceutical hub in the greater Denver/Boulder corridor. Our CEO is based full-time in this location, which will serve as the future home of Cogent’s discovery research organization.
Our Offer To You
To attract the very best talent, we offer a generous benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), unlimited time-off, a 401(k) plan, and commuter/parking benefits.
- Cogent is an equal opportunity employer
- Note to agencies – we are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and will not be responsible for fees associated with any such submittals