Senior Data Scientist
- Lungarno Gambacorti, 56125 Pisa PI, Italy
Cloud4Wi offers Volare, a location analytics and marketing platform designed for understanding and engaging mobile users. With Volare, customers can leverage existing wireless networks to build their business.
Volare is distributed through channel partners and connects more than 65 million mobile users across 15,000 locations in more than 80 countries. Customers include Adecco, Bulgari, Burger King, Clarks, Gruppo FS Italiane, Liverpool, the Moscow City Government, Olive Garden, Prada Group and VTB24.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Engineering team in Pisa, Italy, who will work on design, development and application of various machine learning techniques to applied on very large amounts of data collected by our award winning Volare (™) platform.
Reporting to our CTO, Your primary focus will be to propose, design and implement machine learning based solutions to enrich with new features the Volare (™) platform. You will also be responsible for seamlessly integrating the solutions with the other components of the Volare architecture and the Big Data engineering team.
The Senior Data Scientist will be expected to:
- Build a team dedicated to deriving meaningful and actionable insights from our data as well as contribute to innovation behind our platform
- Lead the team in turning raw data into rich, meaningful and actionable insights
- Provide thought leadership for machine learning and data science research
- Identify relevant technology and engage with external industrial or academic partners
- Further enhance advanced machine learning/AI and statistical learning methods
- Leverage other open source machine learning software/algorithms
- Work closely with our CTO, VP Product and business stakeholders to drive business growth and deliver outstanding work
- Drive the focus in transforming analytics within credit decision making, scorecard development and defining/implementing AI/predictive analytics
- An advanced Degree (Master's or PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field
- Experience working in the field of machine learning and data science
- Experience for predictive marketing data modelling
- Proven track record of working with large data sets to develop innovative data products and capabilities and extract actionable insights
- Expert knowledge of statistical and predictive modelling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning
- Commercial experience working with either Python, Scala or R
- Knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and ML studio suite
- Strong knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization
- Ability to lead and manage a team of juniors Data Scientists
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex data products in simple terms
- Professional growth
- Corporate bonus
- Weekly happy hours
- A second family