Junior Reconciliation Analyst
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
The Reconciliation Analyst performs a variety of tasks related to reconciliations and financial analysis in Payment Operations. In this role, you will be responsible for daily clearing and settlement reconciliation of accounts in the banking system and ERP. This ensures that operations run smoothly and all critical deadlines are met.
What you'll be doing:
- Reconciling the cash position for each assigned general ledger accounts/current accounts
- Monitors and escalates reconciliation issues
- Coordinates with the teams to trace and resolve any outstanding entries/differences as well as to provide troubleshooting support to other departments
- Ascertains cash position accuracy, investigates any clearing discrepancy, and issues instruction to correct the differences as required
- Responding to inquiries from credit unions, corporate clients, and other financial institutions.
- Preparing audit-related support documentation and assists external auditors as required
- Developing and implementing new procedures based on operational changes related to Bank of Canada and Payments Canada. Provides prompt responses to internal or external stakeholders for their inquiries
- Processing the monthly charges for credit unions and corporate clients.
- Understands the ACSS/LVTS operations is an asset.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll have:
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, accounting, or related field and/or 3+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry.
- Advanced competency in Excel is required. Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite considered an asset
- Flexible to start time (between 7am EST and 8:30am EST) is a must
- Proven ability to focus on the accuracy of data and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills are required and proven ability to investigate discrepancies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work through others without direct reporting relationship to achieve goals
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Occasionally performing duties outside key responsibilities to assist the team when required.
- Experience working with and meeting the needs of internal/external stakeholders
- Ensuring that work outputs aligned with business objectives and customer needs
- Knowledge of clearing and settlement procedures between financial institutions and a thorough understanding of automated financial systems are preferred
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Manager Payments Reconciliation and Financial Administration
Date Posted: March 4, 2021
Internal Applicant due date: March 12, 2021
External Applicant due date: March 26, 2021
Location: Vancouver, BC