Technical Team Lead
- Richmond VIC 3121, Australia
- Team: Technology
- Business Unit: Technology
- Employment Status: Full time - Permanent
Got Drive? You'll fit right in
Together with carsales this is your opportunity to inspire a team of talented developers and to work in our Consumer Tribe.
The Consumer Tribe, in a nutshell, is our Carsales.com.au website across desktop, mobile and Apps, along with all our other verticals (bikes, boats, caravans, trucks, farms, construction, and international sites). The tribe also manages everything that supports the back end, and everything around the customer buying experience and product offerings.
We are looking for thought leaders to drive innovation on products and services that will improve our customer experience as well as scale our systems as our customer-base continues to grow. Roles of this type are equal part technical and team leadership focused. So we’re expecting the people who apply to come with significant hands on experience within similar Website or SaaS businesses, built on contemporary tech stacks. They’ll ideally have helped teams and individuals grow and develop and are finely attuned to the needs of their team members, stakeholders and end-users.
- Flexible working environment (we offer a range of flexible working options, not just working from home)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, including an extra five days of 'Leave Up Your Sleeve' upon return to work
- Two weeks paid secondary caregivers leave, with the option to access two weeks of your sick/carers leave on top of this
- We also have regular Hackathons, attend conferences (which is all happening virtually right now…), while we are working from home we still care about our employee’s wellbeing and offer lunchtime, yoga, meditation and HIIT classes.
What the Carsales Team Can Offer You
- Support of a highly engaged, high-performing team. We have incredible talent in carsales that you will learn from.
- ASX 100 Listed Technology company growing globally with Australian based exec team.
- We are always looking for the best way to solve problems and open to hearing your ideas!
Ready to grow and share your skills
- Demonstrated inclusive and interpersonal attributes that connect you to our behaviours (we change the game, we own it, we step in, we are curious, we don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Understand and share expertise in thoughtful, contemporary software development.
- Develop and support solutions that deliver outstanding value to customers.
- Demonstrate understanding, motivations and expertise in mentoring others, managing technical debt, solving complex problems and empowering team members.
Sound good? So, here are some basic and technical skills you will need!
- You have significant commercial experience working n high availability, low latency web-based businesses.
- You have built applications with SOLID and micro services principles and can share your experiences through your team.
- You have commercial experience architecting and building robust and scalable platform in the cloud - on high traffic sites, for scalability, reliability and performance. You also know how to cost optimize your cloud architecture.
- Significant, first-hand commercial experience of professional software engineering practices. Including best practices for the full software development life cycle, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong data analysis, prioritization ability, problem solving skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail and bias for delivering results.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple urgent tasks
And some of these soft skills are also important too!
- Proven management experience – you will love to mentor and share your knowledge
- You like to test the status quo and enjoy coming up with innovative ways to solve problems but you won’t be afraid to fail!
- You think big picture, but you’re also a “do-er” and you thrive on delivery.
- You’re a natural problem solver who believes in simple solutions (not easy solutions) and can accept consensus even when you may not agree
- Collaboration is key you will work on projects with many different tribes and won’t be afraid to ask for help.
When you work at carsales you don't just have a job, but you have a rewarding career. carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on providing a diverse workplace that brings out the best in its people. We encourage everyone of all ages and background to apply. We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process if you want to know more just ask!
And just a quick one…
Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.