Sr. Software Developer - Microservices
- Montreal, QC, Canada
B.Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web-scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
For you, making software is not just about the code, it’s about user experience and craft. You love not only to make it work for every browser, but you’re ready to mentor your fellow developers to learn to do it themselves. You are curious about this weird AI thing and you’re ready to take control of those robots.
Your primary responsibilities will be...
- Developing and supporting services that support Web Applications solutions for Goliath-style external clients
- Work with your team to transform business requirement into real, working amazing software
- Help and mentor more Junior developers and your team to learn the many tricks of microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Participate as a full member of an Agile team doing breakdowns, code reviews and have the best fun while building the best software
What makes it challenging...
- Distributed team: timezones, get used to many
- Bleeding edge software in a cutting edge industry, get your gloves on
- PETA-level, nanosecond pace software and processes
What success looks like…
- High-fives and celebration cake
- Simple thanks and big gestures
- A customer that wants more of what you build
- The excited sales guy that we need to restrain because he loves our features so much he can't wait to sell them, but we can't restrain him, he sells a ton and we are all successful and eating more cake.
What makes it rewarding
- Working building the future of the networks, so your grandchildren will be using your code
- Working with people that are passionate about this stuff, like ‘I will travel the other side of the world to get my point across’ passionate
How others describe you...
- For you, making software is not just about the code, it’s also about art and craft.
- You love not only to make it work, but you’re ready to mentor your fellow developers to learn to do it themselves.
- You are into this weird Artificial Intelligence thing and you are the master of those learning robots.
- You are versed in scaling systems and love to see huge datasets crunched like they're cookies for the cookie monster.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
- 5+ years developing software
- Strong working knowledge of at least one language framework
- An interest in using and participating in open-source best of breed software
- Experience in Cloud technology is a plus
- Experience working in an agile team is a plus (Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban)
- Strong knowledge of APIs (REST, SOAP, gRPC...) and containers
- Strong skills in using modern software practice and tools (git, Jenkins, docker, …)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and TDD/BDD/DDD
When applying for the job, take the opportunity to tell us in five sentences or less what makes you the best candidate for this position and for our company, and why B.Yond is a fit for you.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
B.Yond uses E-verify and third party background check services, including drug screening, as part of the hiring process.