Sr. Full Stack Developer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
B.Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web-scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
For you, making software is not just about the code, it’s about the user experience and the craft. You love not only to make it work, but you’re ready to mentor your fellow developers to learn to build it themselves. You are curious about this weird AI thing and you’re ready to take control of those robots.
The primary responsibilities…
- Developing and supporting Web Application solutions for external clients
- Work with your team to transform business requirement into real, working amazing software
- Help and mentor more Junior developers into learning the many tricks of good sound software design
- Participate as a full member of an Agile team doing breakdowns, code reviews and have the best fun while building the best software
- Work our magical UI/UX designer, our Subject Matter Expert, and our PO to translate stories and sublime them through code
- Distributed team: timezones, get used to many
- Bleeding-edge software in a cutting-edge industry
- Peta-level, nanosecond pace software and processes
What success looks like…
- High-fives and celebration cake
- Simple "Thank yous!" and big gestures
- A customer that wants more of what you build
- The passionate UI designer that forgets to get their tea, because they're too excited to see it work
What makes it rewarding...
- Working building the future of the networks, so your grandma will be using your code
- Working with people that are passionate about this stuff, like ‘I will travel the other side of the world to get my point across’ passionate
How others describe you...
- You are passionate, by definition
- You know how to balance communicating your passion while keeping your emotion valuable as part of the conversation
- You take pride in refining your craftsmanship every time you can
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong working knowledge of at least one language framework
- An interest in using the best component library in the world: Kendo UI
- Experience in leveraging prototyping tools such as InVision
- Experience in Cloud technology is a plus
- Experience working in an agile team is a plus such as Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban
- Strong knowledge of responsive websites
- Strong skills in using modern software practice and tools such as git, Jenkins, containers
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and TDD/BDD/DDD especially applied to front-end
When applying for the job, take the opportunity to tell us in five sentences or less what makes you the best candidate for this position and for our company, and why B.Yond is a fit for you.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. B.Yond uses E-verify and third party background check services, including drug screening, as part of the hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.