- Overland Park, KS, USA
B-Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
- Responsible for Provisioning IP, MPLS, Ethernet, and TDM/SONET circuits.
- Design Circuit and resource allocations including bandwidth, facilities, and equipment resources.
- Create and maintain circuit and design layout records. Maintenance of the Circuit ID database.
- Interface with customers to coordinate order dates and facilitate equipment installations, test, and turn-up activities.
- Coordinate schedules, deployment, and installation of the physical plant and networking equipment required to test and turn-up new services with internal functional groups including the Inside and Outside Plant groups.
- Create Maintenance Activity Announcements and MOPs including identification of the affected circuits and network resources.
- Support maintenance activities within maintenance windows as needed and required.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support of the Data Network and Data Network products.
This specifically includes:
- TDM trunking
- SIP Trunking
- Customer level and network level translations
- SS7, AIN, SIP, MGCP, T.38, H.248, GR303, TR08, PRI, BRI, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Transport and Access systems,
- All associated provisioning and translations
What success looks like…
- Success will be measured by your ability to participate in additional B.Yond projects, by contributing towards our IP portfolio and working with our innovation team while still ensuring customer satisfaction.
What makes it rewarding…
- Creating new opportunities to succeed in your career by joining a rapidly expanding and diverse team.
- Being a part of this rising company will lead you to empower yourself and become a part of this journey by helping you develop new innovative skills and pushing your limits.
- At B.Yond we want you to be part of the Infinite Network team and roadmap. We need world-class leaders to work in conjunction with others to elevate the standards of customer service and consulting.
How others describe you…
- A curious mind, identifying new trends and diving into new learning opportunities to help your career grow.
- A talent to communicate in various forms to express (in writing and presentation) and listen as a team player; and a knack to document and present your accomplishments.
- A desire to seize opportunities, take initiative and collaborate to solve problems and follow through until closure.
- The art and science of organization, planning, implementing and tracking everything you do.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed…
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale routing and switching.
- Knowledge and experience with Ethernet and TDM/SONET test equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with fiber optic transmission, fiber optic transmission systems, and copper-based cabling systems.
- Knowledge and experience with IP, MPLS, Ethernet, and TDM/SONET networks, network elements, and maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with T1/DS-1, DS-3, OC-x, Fast Ethernet (100BASE-T, 100BASE-FX), Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) (1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX, 1000BASE-ZX), and 10GbE.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications standards including IEEE, ANSI, ITU, and IETF are desirable.
- Proven ability to communicate with customers, vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proven problem-solving skills with experience and background in solving complex design, network, and circuit problems and issues.
- B.Sc. in computer science, electrical engineering or similar fields (advanced degree is a plus).
When applying for the job, take the opportunity to tell us in five sentences or less what makes you the best candidate for this position and for our company, and why B.Yond is a fit for you.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. B.Yond uses E-verify and third party background check services, including drug screening, as part of the hiring process.