Network Security Engineer
- Atlanta, GA, USA
B.Yond is an artificial intelligence company. We are developing automation software to help operators in their quest to operate autonomously, predict intelligently, and scale dynamically. As the world prepares for 5G and the Edge, B.Yond is pushing the limits of machine learning and automation to create The Infinite Network.
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
The primary responsibilities:
- Reviewing security architectures, firewall configurations, IDS/IPS, and security controls for new and proposed systems.
- Prevention and early detection and resolution of risks to high-value assets.
- Development and management of strategic and tactical physical, personnel and procedural security programs.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools
- Providing software vulnerability remediation advice to software developers and software development teams.
- Implementing security vulnerability testing tools to provide continuous monitoring and patch verification.
- Test and evaluate products in a lab environment.
- Knowledge of Firewalls, IDS/IPS, intrusion detection, VLANs, routing and other network security technologies.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including virtual firewalls, networking, and segmentation.
- Knowledge of networking and firewall configuration and monitoring.
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies such as Splunk and creation of security event related dashboards.
- Evaluating and deploying new security technologies/capabilities to enhance and protect data centers.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot firewall platforms and rules.
- Deeply understand existing data center switching and routing architecture for service provider networks both at high and low level.
- Participate in projects, provide security guidance and document the deployed solutions.
- Maintain high standards for network reliability and stability while deploying new security services or implementing changes.
- Drive the need to design, test, and deploy quickly and efficiently.
- Able to learn new technologies as needed and open to changing technological direction as required by the team to lead new projects and initiatives.
What success looks like…
- Success will be measured by your ability to participate in additional B.Yond projects, by contributing towards our IP portfolio and working with our innovation team while still ensuring customer satisfaction.
What makes it rewarding…
- Creating new opportunities to succeed in your career by joining a rapidly expanding and diverse team.
- Being a part of this rising company will lead you to empower yourself and become a part of this journey by helping you develop new innovative skills and pushing your limits.
- At B.Yond we want you to be part of the Infinite Network team and roadmap. We need world-class leaders to work in conjunction with others to elevate the standards of customer service and consulting.
How others describe you…
- A curious mind, identifying new trends and diving into new learning opportunities to help your career grow.
- A talent to communicate in various forms to express (in writing and presentation) and listen as a team player; and a knack to document and present your accomplishments.
- A desire to seize opportunities, take initiative and collaborate to solve problems, and follow through until closure.
- The art and science of organization, planning, implementing and tracking everything you do.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed…
- Relevant networking experience (e.g. TCP/IP stack, DNS, BGP, metadata, IDS/IPS) and be able to serve as a Subject Matter Expert in security event identification, known threat validation and analysis and network vulnerability analysis and reporting.
- Expertise in security information and event management tools (HP, Trustwave, OSSIM, etc.), collecting and analyzing host-based (Windows and Linux) and network-based data, using Computer Network Defense (CND) processes/measures.
- Experience working on security solutions in conjunction with router/switch configurations.
- Relevant vendor-specific or vendor-neutral security and firewall certifications.
- Experience in a telecom operator lab environment is a plus.
- B.Sc. in computer science, electrical engineering or similar fields (advanced degree is a plus).
- Desired tools and Skills: Splunk, Splunk Enterprise Security, Incident Response, Windows, Linux, Networking.
- Experience using, building and maintaining combination of following Network Security Products: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, F5 AFM/LTM, Fortinet/Fortigate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.