Device Test Engineer
- Chicago, IL, USA
B-Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web-scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
We are looking for a Device Testing Engineer to join our growing team in Chicago, IL.
- Experience with product testing, development of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Working knowledge and experience using RF test equipment
- Field Testing of 2g/3G/LTE devices in various operators. Field Testing includes Functional & KPI testing in static and mobility conditions
- Protocol Test Engineer will support execution of Test Cases/Test Suites and debug issues in operator defined IOT/LC - CDMA/LTE/VoLTE/RCS test plans, collecting logs, basic troubleshooting in US operator and 3rd party vendor IOT/LC lab environment.
- Perform Test Plan analysis, device SW download, perform sanity testing to ensure SW ready to start IOT/LC, configure devices specific to test plan/feature, device logging setup/tools.
- Raise/track PLMs, Initial issue analysis to find device or script issue, prepare test results and send daily status updates to various stakeholders at the client.
- Joint troubleshooting with network engineers, operator engine, rs and 3rd party engineers to isolate network/device/script issues.
- Seamless analyze and validation of LTE/VoLTE/ 5G related protocol including call flows and call quality.
What success looks like…
- Successfully complete the device testing & feature validations with a good command on the emerging tools and technologies.
- Provide security guidance and develop detailed plans for configuring, testing and upgrading network elements as well as carry out associated hands-on tasks .
What makes it rewarding…
- Being a part of this rising company will lead you to empower yourself and become a part of this journey by helping you develop new innovative skills and pushing your limits.
How others describe you…
- Experienced engineering candidate sought to support architecture, design, development.
- As a member of the Mobile Core team, the candidate will support architecture and design related tasks as well as functional, interoperability, and service related certification activities for new network elements.
- In addition, you will support specific software and feature related certification activities as needed.
- Work closely with external equipment and OEM vendors, internal design engineers, and operations groups to identify product opportunities and improvements to ensure that the services and operational requirements are satisfied.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
- 3-5 years of device testing and feature testing experience.
- Experience in support Technology Trials - New feature validation support - Lab/Live network testing, integration testing, Troubleshooting/Joint debugging with carrier labs/SMEs.
- Excellent knowledge of Qualcomm tools (QXDM, QCAT), XCAL, XCAP, Wireshark, Android tools and Issue management system.
- Troubleshooting experience and familiar with analyzing traces and logs.
- Familiar with the following protocol analyzing tools ( Wireshark, XCAL, QXDM).
- Documenting clearly & accurately and escalating the discrepancies, anomalies or issues with the test case.
- Testing & analyzing proper operation with various telecom technologies.
- Proficiency in fundamental LTE, 3GPP IMS call flows, the SIP protocol, QXDM, Wireshark, Xcal and similar logging tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.