Device Test Engineer
- Chicago, IL, USA
B-Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web-scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
We are looking for a Device Testing Engineer to join our growing team in Chicago, IL.
- Experience with product testing, development of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Working knowledge and experience using RF test equipment
- Field Testing of 2g/3G/LTE devices in various operators. Field Testing includes Functional & KPI testing in static and mobility conditions
- Protocol Test Engineer will support execution of Test Cases/Test Suites and debug issues in operator defined IOT/LC - CDMA/LTE/VoLTE/RCS test plans, collecting logs, basic troubleshooting in US operator and 3rd party vendor IOT/LC lab environment.
- Perform Test Plan analysis, device SW download, perform sanity testing to ensure SW ready to start IOT/LC, configure devices specific to test plan/feature, device logging setup/tools.
- Raise/track PLMs, Initial issue analysis to find device or script issue, prepare test results and send daily status updates to various stakeholders at the client.
- Joint troubleshooting with network engineers, operator engine, rs and 3rd party engineers to isolate network/device/script issues.
- Seamless analyze and validation of LTE/VoLTE/ 5G related protocol including call flows and call quality.
What success looks like…
- Successfully complete the device testing & feature validations with a good command on the emerging tools and technologies.
- Provide security guidance and develop detailed plans for configuring, testing and upgrading network elements as well as carry out associated hands-on tasks .
What makes it rewarding…
- Being a part of this rising company will lead you to empower yourself and become a part of this journey by helping you develop new innovative skills and pushing your limits.
How others describe you…
- DREAM B-YOND. Forward-Thinking, Creative, Boldly Imaginative.
- Be AUTHENTIC. Transparent, Genuine, Self-Confident.
- DEBATE ANYONE. Fearlessly Vocal, Intellectually Stimulating, Thoughtfully Contrarian.
- B-UNSTOPPABLE. Resilient, Relentlessly Driven, Persistent.
- CARE to CREATE WISDOM. Non-judgmental, Thoughtful, Empowering.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
- 3-5 years of device testing and feature testing experience.
- Experience in support Technology Trials - New feature validation support - Lab/Live network testing, integration testing, Troubleshooting/Joint debugging with carrier labs/SMEs.
- Excellent knowledge of Qualcomm tools (QXDM, QCAT), XCAL, XCAP, Wireshark, Android tools and Issue management system.
- Troubleshooting experience and familiar with analyzing traces and logs.
- Familiar with the following protocol analyzing tools ( Wireshark, XCAL, QXDM).
- Documenting clearly & accurately and escalating the discrepancies, anomalies or issues with the test case.
- Testing & analyzing proper operation with various telecom technologies.
- Proficiency in fundamental LTE, 3GPP IMS call flows, the SIP protocol, QXDM, Wireshark, Xcal and similar logging tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.