RF Engineer - Field Testing
- Overland Park, KS, USA
B-Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web-scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud.
We are looking for a RF Engineer - Field Testing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Performing field tests to analyze, troubleshoot, and optimize the cellular network.
- Working with XCAL for data collecting and analyzing.
- Assisting in the testing and evaluation of new features to ensure that said products contain no unidentified problems when released to manufacturing.
- Logging the defects in defect management tool
- Analyzing data with collection tools for coverage, dropped calls and throughputs (DL/UL)
- Analyzing and Measuring LTE parameters like RSRP, RSSI, RSRQ, SINR
- Setup, calibrating and maintaining testing equipment for various testing scenarios.
- Understanding data collection expectations, deliverables, and time constraints.
- Providing reports in a timely manner
- Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor.
- This position requires to interact with the engineering team, project management and internal customers.
- Seamless integration and validation of VoLTE and related protocol including call flows and call quality.
What success looks like...
- Successfully complete the VoLTE feature validations with a good command on the emerging tools and technologies.
What makes it rewarding…
- It is a good opportunity to expand the skills in new emerging technologies.
- The role will help you expand and solidify your VoLTE skills.
How others describe you…
- Curious by nature, hungry for knowledge, and eager to share it someone who doesn’t settle for “OK” but strives for the best result, even if it means failing along the way always pushing forward, even when you don’t have all the answers
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to work with partners across different time zones.
- Expert problem solver, always looking for multiple solutions.
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Hands on experience JDSU, QXDM, VOLTE testing, troubleshooting, walk testing.
- Experience in creating device test plan and perform Feature Integration testing (FIT) for new network features.
- Experience performing functional, KPI and feature testing for VoLTE.
- Strong working experience on LTE Core network architecture, call flows, interfaces, IP tracing in a complex network & multi-protocol analysis.
- Experience with VoLTE and IMS functional elements and technologies is desired.
- Troubleshooting experience and familiarity with traces and logs analysis.
- Familiarity with the following protocol analyzing tools: Wireshark, XCAL, QXDM.
- Experience documenting clearly & accurately and escalating the discrepancies, anomalies or issues with the test case.
- Hands-on experience with testing & analyzing proper operation with various telecom technologies.
- Proficiency in fundamental LTE, 3GPP IMS call flows, the SIP protocol, QXDM, Wireshark, Xcal and similar logging tools is a must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.