Roaming Coordinator - Network Engineer II
- Overland Park, KS, USA
B.Yond is an artificial intelligence company. We are developing automation software to help operators in their quest to operate autonomously, predict intelligently, and scale dynamically. As the world prepares for 5G and the Edge, B.Yond is pushing the limits of machine learning and automation to create The Infinite Network.
We are looking for a Roaming Coordinator - Network Engineer II.
What you'll do...
You will be responsible for planning, design, and implementation of roaming networked systems of very large scope and very high complexity in client’s LTE, UMTS and CDMA roaming networks.
The primary responsibilities…
- Being the “first contact” between domestic and international partner’s technical integration team. Updating Client's technical configurations as well as receiving and managing partner configurations.
- Conducting project planning, cost analysis, service implementations, service assurance, proactive service affecting planning and vendor comparisons.
- Reviewing new roaming configurations for partners triggering the downstream organizations and partners for network integration.
- Managing & coordinating the integration of the roaming arrangement with Client’s product/customer, the partner’s IREG (integration), as well as other Client organizations.
- Coordinating the implementation of new agreements with the IREG and TADIG tester colleagues, meeting all contractual deadlines,
- Reporting on status and performance towards customers and management.
- Projects include technology changes within the platforms, new roaming partner implementation guidelines and/or standards.
What success looks like...
- Successful provision of roaming engineering services, utilization of project management functions required to develop and implement very complex network plans.
What makes it rewarding…
- It is a good opportunity to expand the skills in new emerging technologies.
- The role will help you expand and solidify your RF/LTE, leadership skills.
How others describe you…
- Curious by nature, hungry for knowledge, and eager to share it someone who doesn’t settle for “OK” but strives for the best result, even if it means failing along the way always pushing forward, even when you don’t have all the answers
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to work with partners across different time zones.
- Expert problem solver, always looking for multiple solutions.
- A desire to take the initiative, seizing opportunities when you see them.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed...
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years, network engineering experience with GSMA roaming
- Three years project implementation experience
- Expert in MS Office functions and business objects database functions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work well within and lead teams (imperative)
- Excellent communications skills (Written and Verbal) & ability to effectively lead discussions with large & diverse groups to drive common results & enable decisions
- Technical skills on IREG-TADIG testing (very advantageous)
- Five years’ experience working with routers, bridges, concentrators and switches
- At least five years working with CRX, GRX & IPX providers.
- Thorough understanding of the roaming contractual, business, billing, device and marketing lanes.
- Goal-focused and responsible for "getting the job done".
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with inbound and outbound roaming and roaming partner connectivity, design, implementation and service assurance in a service provider environment.
- Solid background, in-depth knowledge and experience of CDMA, UMTS, LTE, and VoLTE roaming. Experience with IR-21 creation, distribution and management in GSMA’s RAEX application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.